Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift

Old 07-26-2015, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift

Okay so I have a 2007 wrangler x unlimited and I want to get about a 2' lift on it. I want to stay as cheap as possible but I really don't know what I should or shouldn't get. Suggestions please!
Old 07-26-2015, 06:29 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Any 2 - 2.5" BB (budget boost / spacer lift) should be fine. Just compare prices and which components come in the kit.

But, before you hit the 'buy' button, start with a little research on what issues lifting can cause, and what the fixes are. Could be that you won't notice anything different at 2". Could be that you do, and will want to add more components later...
Old 07-27-2015, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

Budget lifts are ok but not for 2.5...If you want to play the game you got to pay the price...we have all bit the bullet and said f it at one point in time for our rigs...buy a good kit with arms...you will be happy...you will have to keep buying parts if you go with a budget boost....just my .02
Old 07-27-2015, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

I'm no expert, but I had a leveling kit on my JK for about 4.5 years and wheeled a lot. I just had a 2.5" lift installed today and wow! There is a difference! My stock suspension was worn out. Didn't realize how bad until today (that or the new lift is just so much more stiff).

Quick Reply: Lift