Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift choice assistance - feedback needed

Old 02-26-2011, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift choice assistance - feedback needed

I have read many posts here and my head is spinning on lifts.This is my daily and originally wanted a minimal lift and trimmed fenders due to commute. I have isolated my decision down to I believe to 3 different ones (would consider others too)
Thanks for assistance

AEV 3.5" premium
RK 2.5" max travel (due to CG concerns) planned with bilsteins
TF 3" kit with shocks

My garage now has duratrac 35's on pinlters and Flashpaq
Still trying to figure out gearing 455 or 488
6sp currently running 3.21
Old 02-26-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hell you already chose a Jeep so best gas milage must not be an issue. Go with 4:88 gears you will loose minimal milage and be very happy with results.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

here"s a vote for Rock Krawler and Bilsteins... Just installed mine and love it!
Old 02-27-2011, 02:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SB2008
here"s a vote for Rock Krawler and Bilsteins... Just installed mine and love it!
How's it ride on and off road? Which Bilsteins did you install? It should be very good due to progressives up front and specifics in the rear. I really do like this kit and their products. Thats what makes this a challenge. AEV's kit seems to be more complete for virtually the same price.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Think about teraflex. Yes they are very expensive but they have EVERYTHING you need to have a good ride and good performance. :thinking if it came down to saving for a teraflex or doing a different lift right away..... Lift now! Ha
Old 02-27-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I think it just comes down to what you are wanting out of your jeep. I know alot of people talk crap about Rough country but im going with the rc 3.5" lift. The reason why is that the jk is my dd and I don't plan on doing to much wheelin other than the river trips in the summer and taking the dogs to the snow in the winter. That said I do have a yj that is my wheelin rig. Its streched and sitting on 38s so when I want to wheel I have a capable rig for it.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

If you will do any rock crawling or even if you plan to do some off-road trails, consider adjustable shocks. I've had both and won't go back to non-adjustable. Last time out I forgot to adjust them when we aired down and on the first obstacle I could tell immediately that I hadn't softened the shocks. My 2c.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robl8
If you will do any rock crawling or even if you plan to do some off-road trails, consider adjustable shocks. I've had both and won't go back to non-adjustable. Last time out I forgot to adjust them when we aired down and on the first obstacle I could tell immediately that I hadn't softened the shocks. My 2c.
I will take those 2 cents. It makes sense and it wasnt something I even thought about. It maybe another consideration too.

I dont do things half assed, so I usually over research before I buy. The 3 kits I like are all very good kits for what I need. I play on the trails almost every weekend or in the sand at the beach.

Quick Reply: Lift choice assistance - feedback needed