Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift help!!!

Old 12-19-2014, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift help!!!

I have 2013 JKU Rubi w 2.5" Rubicon express lift. I'm upgrading to 285 x75 x 17 BFG MT. I don't like the way the front sits a little lower than the front, even after the lift. I'm thinking of putting 0.75" coil spacers in front. This will make my total lift in front 3.25". Is there anything else I should do ie.. longer brake cables, adjustable track bar, longer drive lines? This is my daily driver. I do some off-roading on weekends.
Thanks for your help.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:16 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Is there anything else I should do ie.. longer brake cables, adjustable track bar, longer drive lines?
The front axle will shift a bit to one side. If it doesn't bother you, don't worry about trackbar. Extended brakelines or brackets will depend on the shock length, but probably not an issue. Just flex and check that there is still some slack in them. Driveshaft joints will run at slightly steeper angles. I assume you are already checking the joints as part of regular maintenance? So just keep an eye on the joints and decide what you want to do if/when the grease starts spitting. The caster will be a bit lower, causing slightly flightier steering. If the steering bugs you, there are several options for correcting it.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:30 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You would be better off with shorter coils on the rear.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You would be better off with shorter coils on the rear.
^^^This or put some weight on the back of the Jeep. Get an Ace rear bumper and carrier. You'll have beef for a bumper and you'll sit level. And keep the gas tank full.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

great advice. Thanks
Old 12-20-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Picachojeep
I have 2013 JKU Rubi w 2.5" Rubicon express lift. I'm upgrading to 285 x75 x 17 BFG MT. I don't like the way the front sits a little lower than the front, even after the lift. I'm thinking of putting 0.75" coil spacers in front. This will make my total lift in front 3.25". Is there anything else I should do ie.. longer brake cables, adjustable track bar, longer drive lines? This is my daily driver. I do some off-roading on weekends.
Thanks for your help.
It will probably make your front end lift 3.75" as most 2.5" lifts are 3" front and 2" rear......
Old 12-20-2014, 01:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
^^^This or put some weight on the back of the Jeep. Get an Ace rear bumper and carrier. You'll have beef for a bumper and you'll sit level. And keep the gas tank full.
I forgot to mention something. The rake is not uncommon in lift kits. They're designed that way as most people eventually add things like larger tires and steel bumpers. Once you get all modded up, they sit close to level. If you don't plan on doing anything that adds more weight, then you either live with it or adjust something. Going higher in the front is the last thing I would do though.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4

I forgot to mention something. The rake is not uncommon in lift kits. They're designed that way as most people eventually add things like larger tires and steel bumpers. Once you get all modded up, they sit close to level. If you don't plan on doing anything that adds more weight, then you either live with it or adjust something. Going higher in the front is the last thing I would do though.
I have AEV 2.5 and was thinking about adding 1/2 spacers to front coils. Please explain why that would be the last thing you would do. Thanks
Old 12-21-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RockinRobin

I have AEV 2.5 and was thinking about adding 1/2 spacers to front coils. Please explain why that would be the last thing you would do. Thanks
I have the AEV DS 21/2" lift , steel bumpers winch , armor. I added 3/4" spacers in front to level it out
Get rid of the rake. Sits level now , no issues. But I do have Adj control arms and after market DS to.....
Old 01-08-2015, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default steering wandering

After making the above changes, my Jeep feels like it's all over the road at highway speeds. What causes this and what is the solution.

Quick Reply: lift help!!!