Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift kits

Old 02-07-2016, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifts

I dont think you can go wrong with any of those three. I run a lift comprised mostly of synergy components at 2.5" and its great, very high quality, and excellent customer service. I also have a few Metalcloak products, and the same goes for them. Don't worry about warranty, if something goes wrong and its on them, they'll make it right. I would try to sway you towards a 2.5" though, especially if you only want 35"s right now. Here is how mine sits on the 2.5" with 37" tires.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep closeup back.png
Views:	368
Size:	737.1 KB
ID:	636916
Old 02-07-2016, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WashingtonWrangler
I dont think you can go wrong with any of those three. I run a lift comprised mostly of synergy components at 2.5" and its great, very high quality, and excellent customer service. I also have a few Metalcloak products, and the same goes for them. Don't worry about warranty, if something goes wrong and its on them, they'll make it right. I would try to sway you towards a 2.5" though, especially if you only want 35"s right now. Here is how mine sits on the 2.5" with 37" tires.
Attachment 636916
nice jeep
Old 02-18-2016, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

OK, I've talked to Matson at Metalcloak and He answered all of my question. So I'm going for the 3.5" ARB lift with 35" tires, then when i can upgrade axles and gears going up to 37's. No just have to save some money( alost halfway there). can't wait to post pictures.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Ordered my lift on Mothers Day should have it in three weeks. 3.5" Game Changer Rocksport edition. I have my wheels and tires already: 315/70/17 cooper st maxx, 17" Fuel trophy rims.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Build

Looking back on things I would have gotten lockers before I even did suspension. Lockers can get you out of a jam with low clearance you just have to have a good spotter and a good line. But yes I know there is no substitute for ground clearance. But lockers are my most useful mod in my opinion.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lockers are definitely the absolute best mod you can do. I run a cheap set of Aussies front/rear. I'm pissed i didn't do it sooner.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you have any questions regarding our products please let us know, we are here to help.

All of our newer joints can be serviced directly in the vehicle making your life easier!

Some joints must be taken apart every year to be serviced which means you have to take your Jeep apart to service them.

Good luck with your builds.

RK
Old 05-18-2016, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I have a pretty clumsy situation I did. I believe I mounted my shocks upside down. Is there a functional difference in this???

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 05-18-2016, 01:02 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Look at the mount points, can they actually be bolted on in both directions? Guessing you will find that they cannot. Some mfg's design them to mount in different orientations for whatever reason.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Look at the mount points, can they actually be bolted on in both directions? Guessing you will find that they cannot. Some mfg's design them to mount in different orientations for whatever reason.
sorry but I should have clarified in my last reply. But it's my back shocks to be exact that I believe that I mounted upside down. I'll post a picture

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: lift kits