Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift kits

Old 02-06-2016, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kits

ok,i've got some more questions. I'll be ready for my lift by the end of summer. I'm going with 35" cooper st pro's. question is this: metal cloak 3.5" game changer lite, rockcrawler 3.5" mid arm or synergy stage 2 3.5". I've been to a offroad park here in florida called Hard Rock running all stock. was able to do some of the trails but what do be able to do them all.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:56 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Your first post indicated that you were looking at 2.5" lifts. Why the change to 3.5"? You have researched it, and are prepared for the costs of the extra parts you will likely be adding? (Flip, driveshaft, etc. ?)

This is a 3.5" Metalcloak, 37" STT Pro, and stock fenders (usually run chopped flares, but swapped the uncut ones back on for the winter). Do you need that much height with 35's? 35's and Flat flares? Carrying a ton of weight? I should have gone with 2.5" coils...

Click image for larger version

Name:	STT f.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	493.0 KB
ID:	636791Click image for larger version

Name:	STT - d.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	687.4 KB
ID:	636792
Old 02-06-2016, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

after going to the offroad park I decided on a 3.5" lift to move up to 37's later ( when bank account says I can). The 2.5" I was going with 33's , but want more clearance hence the 35's .
Old 02-06-2016, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

How are the bushings on the metalcloak lifts? I was told by a local dealer you have to tear them down and rebuild them every 4 or 5 months
Old 02-06-2016, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been running a MC ARB 3.5 lift for 2 years. No problems with anything. Have not had to do a thing to any part of it. Rides great and flexes great. Also handles great on and off road.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kraxler
Been running a MC ARB 3.5 lift for 2 years. No problems with anything. Have not had to do a thing to any part of it. Rides great and flexes great. Also handles great on and off road.
that helps with that question. How about the warrenty, I noticed theres is for one year and most others is life time. I was sold on the metal cloak lift until these issues were brought to my attention.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:35 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Have you opened the huge metalcloak thread? (It is currently on the first page here in Modified Tech, but if not, shouldn't be hard to locate...)

Warranty can be a valid concern, but I have seen very few posts that would lead me to worry about those folks standing behind their products, and quite a few where they stepped up and went above and beyond what might be expected.

Keep researching all of the options, there are plenty of posts to read through. (though for whatever reason, not nearly as many for synergy lifts as the other two. Lots of love for synergy steering components, just not as many people running their lifts )
Old 02-06-2016, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Have you opened the huge metalcloak thread? (It is currently on the first page here in Modified Tech, but if not, shouldn't be hard to locate...)

Warranty can be a valid concern, but I have seen very few posts that would lead me to worry about those folks standing behind their products, and quite a few where they stepped up and went above and beyond what might be expected.

Keep researching all of the options, there are plenty of posts to read through. (though for whatever reason, not nearly as many for synergy lifts as the other two. Lots of love for synergy steering components, just not as many people running their lifts )
yes I have, thats how I found metal cloak was on a forum on here. I liked there quick responce and detailed responce to all the question. However my local dealer said here in florida a couple of distributors dropped them because of warrenty issues. I'm gonna go back on their forum page and ask them about it.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

The only concern ive read about is with the 6 pac shocks loosing charge.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Careful when talking to shops/dealers... Some may sway u toward a company that gives bigger discounts and hence more profits for them!

Quick Reply: lift kits