Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift for sport JKU

Old 02-19-2017, 12:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift for sport JKU

I have a 2015 JKU that I want to lift. The only thing I have done lift wise to my jeep is I put TF 2.5 spacers on the front. I did not install the rear. I have a friend who is wanting to sale me - 2.5 -3" TF springs, 2.5 rear TF coil spacers, 3/4" front synegery front coil spacers and 1 3/4" Synegery front coil spacers for $200. My question is, is this a good deal? Will I need new shocks or will stock sport shocks be OK. I don't want to lift my jeep to high due to not being able to get it into my garage. Kinda confused about what I should do to lift my jeep. Thanks so much for your input..
Old 02-19-2017, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Each set of spacers is worth $30 used. You can make the determination on value from there.

As far as fitting in the garage, I think I've got a fairly standard height garage and I can fit a 4dr on 37's with 3.5" of lift through the door. You should be able to measure what you've currently got and take an educated guess on whether or not you'll fit.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'm looking at buying Rubicon take off shocks and maybe his Springs along with my TF 2.5 leveling kit. Wonder if this would give me a lift?
Old 02-19-2017, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

U need to read Dirtmans stickie about the basics of JK lifts... there is way more to understand than just the lift. A cheap/done wrong lift is something u will regret!! If u rely on other people's opinions from forums u will never get ur JK built to suit YOUR needs/desires. Research research research!!!!
Old 02-19-2017, 08:15 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Used teraflex is a bad idea. Many coil issues over the years. Are you lifting for the sake of lifting?
Old 02-19-2017, 11:05 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Cosider what you are telling us.

Front:
2.5 TF spacers
2.5 -3" TF springs
3/4" Synegery spacers
1 3/4" Synegery coil spacers

Rear:
2.5 -3" TF springs

So up front, you are wanting new(used) 2.5-3" coils + you are stacking three different spacers for a total of what, 7.5-8" ? But you don't want to lift too high? And you want to buy another set of 'stock' length shocks to run with that lift height...

Quick Reply: Lift for sport JKU