Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift Suggestions

Old 02-17-2017, 04:07 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

offset wheels put just as much stress on the unit bearings stock wheels and spacers. Net offset being equal.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I can speak about the JKS 2.5 Jspec as I've had it installed since this past Nov. Very happy with it. Ride is a little firmer than stock but hardly noticeable. All of the components seem top notch. The one thing that I will recommend is the lower front control arms. They weren't included in the lift but I added their fixed length Jspec arms. Again, couldn't be more pleased. I'm riding high and can cruise down the interstate at 70-80 with a pinky on the wheel
Old 02-18-2017, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you jeep doesn't know the extra offset is coming from spacers or a different back spaced wheel. It just knows the tires are sticking out further. No way would spacers cause more wear then the same offset got with new wheels.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lloydsmale
you jeep doesn't know the extra offset is coming from spacers or a different back spaced wheel. It just knows the tires are sticking out further. No way would spacers cause more wear then the same offset got with new wheels.
best thought and explanation I've seen on this topic ever.

Well said.

Quick Reply: Lift Suggestions