Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift + Sway-bar Disconnect = ?

Old 10-06-2006, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of the disconnect: I learned that it won't be available on the Rubicon until mid 2007, and I'm not going to wait that long to buy mine. Is there an aftermarket option available? (Electronic, not manual - I'm lazy)

I will be taking delivery of my Rubicon 2 door next week sometime. It definitley has the electronic disconnect. From what I have been told it is similar to the system used on the powerwagons.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen a couple Rubi's w/the electronic discos at a local dealer lot. I'm not really impressed w/how enormous the motor is for this setup. If you plan to run the discos you need to keep the factory bumper or buy a bumper that will cover the entire motor for it. It's a great concept though! Especially if it's a cold day of wheeling and you want to disconnect w/o stepping out of your Jeep. I just wish they would have moved the motor elsewhere.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check this out: the disconnect is only available in 4 Lo. Stupid! I rarely shift into 4 Lo, only when it's really needed, which isn't all that often on the average trail. I know Jeep doesn't want the liability of boneheads rolling on the highway, but does anyone know if there's a hack to allow it to disconnect in 4 Hi also?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

If nobody figures it out by the time I get my JK, I'll figure it out. Hopefully its as simple as a power wire going to the switch which is activated when the transfer case lever is shifted into 4-Lo. It would be a simple matter of providing constant power thru this wire. Hopefully someone WHO ALREADY HAS THEIR JK will figure it out **cough, cough*, looking at you Brian, cough cough**

I don't know about the rest of you, but I rarely off-road in 4-Lo!! In fact, I try to stay in 2H as long as possible. It is a challenge to see how far you can go before you HAVE to rely on 4WD. I plan to adjust my switch so it works regardless of the transfer case position. Same goes for the lockers, I'll have them working when I want them to work, not when DC wants them to work, be it 2H, 4H, or 4L.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Last edited by SpudRacer; 10-18-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I only use 4Lo off-road since it's better on the t/c

Quick Reply: Lift + Sway-bar Disconnect = ?