Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was lifting your brand new JK worth it?

Old 02-19-2017, 05:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I had warranty claims including the oil cooler housing and radiator and axle seals and dealer never cared that mine was lifted and running 35's.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I had warranty claims including the oil cooler housing and radiator and axle seals and dealer never cared that mine was lifted and running 35's.
I am glad to read things like that. I know that my dealer can turn around and void me out for the same issues you had, but its nice to know theres a chance at least. It seems like only positive responses on here as far as not regretting lifting a brand new jeep.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bonanza
My 2017 has 200 miles and I just put my 2.5" RE lift on yesterday in my garage. I can't mod fast enough. Still has paper plates on. I want the warranty for the engine, the suspension is all me.
Ditto

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4177.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	667001
Old 02-20-2017, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I waited till my 36k warranty ran out. What a waste of time!!! I coulda been loving my ride this whole time.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Like I told my little bro yesterday who can't believe I wheel my 15 with a 2.5 lift 35s less then 20k on it. You don't buy a corvette to drive the speed limit and you don't buy a jeep to never wheel it. Plus 99% of dealerships will find every way to avoid warranty work so don't even stress it
Old 02-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The warranty work that you'll need done will be covered. If they're going to deny something then let's be honest- there's a reason. I had a cracked spark plug covered under warranty. They fed me a line of crap to avoid clutch work but whatever, it was a good learning experience.

On the contrary- my friend has a 2015 and has had the throwout bearing replaced, axle replaced, locker replaced, and a few other miscellaneous interior things that were clearly poor manufacturing.

They did not replace the driveshaft when he tore the boot while munching rocks. All work was completed when he had 37's and a 3.5" x factor lift kit. They even replaced the long side of his drag link.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Definitely dealer specific. I had warranty work done on mine twice. Both times it had a lift. Gears. Lockers front and rear. Wheels. Tires. Exhaust. My jeep dealer didn't care. I know some are sensitive about aftermarket parts voiding warranties but I'm thankful my jeep dealer isn't. They're so jeep/off-road friendly we have monthly jeep meets at the dealership. I've never found a dealer that I've ever like until now.
Mine is no longer under warranty anymore but I'm soon to buy my wife a new wrangler and I'll definitely be buying it from that dealer.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
just had my oil cooler warranted right before mine was up!!
Old 02-21-2017, 01:41 AM
JK Newbie

The only thing I care about is keeping the FREE oil changes FOR LIFE from my dealer on my 16 JKU lol. Might sound silly, but it is so easy to just swing in, grab a coffee, and read a jeep mag while waiting a couple minutes for the oil change to be complete. With everything else that i might need to be fixed, I imagine it being a battle over warranty whether the jeep is modded or not.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand being hesitant to lift a brand new jeep but have you checked the fine print of the warranty? Will lifting and modding vied ALL warranty or just the modded part. I imagine if you lifted it and the engine had something wrong that would still be covered... Am I wrong? They still have to honor recalls. I say go for it!

Quick Reply: Was lifting your brand new JK worth it?