Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smittybilt XRC8 Winch

Old 02-02-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt XRC8 Winch

What do u think of this winch? Pros - Cons... I know you can't compare this to a Warn winch but some guy can trade this brand new winch for my used set of tires
Old 02-02-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like mine.

Not nearly as slow as people make it out to be.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a XRC10 and it is great. I have used it about a dozen times in the last couple of months and it has worked well. It is easy to install, built well, and has a fast pull speed.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

If I had the money I would have gone Warn but from the price it works great!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Get it! My buddy has the 10k one on his and it he pulled dump truck out last week! Plus, for what $400 vs the $1000 for Warn and others...it is not like it is used every day. I also saw his winch outlast that Warn Power Plant (air and winch unit) this past December...hard to see where it is all bad to spend that kind of money and see it outperform the Warn!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for your replies guys ! Anyone else?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

I have had the XRC-8 for about a year and used it over and over again with no problems.
when getting the XRC-8 though make sure you get the new version not the old one, I got one of the first ones of the new one's. My brother has the old style and it works but is VERY slow and hasnt held up real well. it is 2 years old I think.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by moabjk072d
I have had the XRC-8 for about a year and used it over and over again with no problems.
when getting the XRC-8 though make sure you get the new version not the old one, I got one of the first ones of the new one's. My brother has the old style and it works but is VERY slow and hasnt held up real well. it is 2 years old I think.
How can I know the difference between the new and the old one?
Old 02-02-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
I have the XRC-10 Comp Syth Rope, I love it for the money.. Works great.. Allot of guys get the XRC-8 for the 2-Dr And the XRC-10 for the Unlimited.. Built on the same platform, with a different ratio and capacity.

I you plan on using it 3-4 times a wheeling trip, Consistantly, you may want to look at a Warn; but if you don't the XRC is a good product to get you out of a jam when used to excess.. Not really sure If that answered your question..
X2, my XRC comp10 works GREAT and it was very inexpensive
Old 02-02-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have only had my xrc8 for a couple of months and still havent had a chance to use it arggg but for the money its an excellent buy, it did scare the crap out of me when i first got it cause i couldnt get it to free spool but i eventually figured it out.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC8 Winch