Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longer ABS sensor cable?

Old 11-27-2014, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Longer ABS sensor cable?

I am looking for a compatible wheel speed sensors that has a longer cable but same sensor on the wheel end and cable connection end as stock.

I have seen them on other rigs but have not been able to get a part number or the vehicle and year they came from. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year .. The cables on my new bearings seamed shorter. I pulled the clips from the frame to gain more slack.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Earth Siege
I am looking for a compatible wheel speed sensors that has a longer cable but same sensor on the wheel end and cable connection end as stock.

I have seen them on other rigs but have not been able to get a part number or the vehicle and year they came from. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm pretty sure the post 2012 JKs have a longer front ABS sensor cable to match their longer front brake lines. You can do a part number search on moparpartsamerica.com and compare. The change might have been 2011, not sure.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are yours still connected to the steel bracket on the lower coil perch? If so, ditch that bracket and you'll gain a lot.

Agree that the cables coming on replacement unit bearings are short.

Lastly, I'll state the obvious. If your cables are not in the bracket and really are too short, just splice some wire in to lengthen them. About as easy as it gets.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

Since my old axles were sold with the sensors, and i installed dana 80s front and rear and dont have a sensor at all! So if im gonna buy some-why not find a longer pair to begin with? Thats why i asked
Old 11-27-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Earth Siege
Since my old axles were sold with the sensors, and i installed dana 80s front and rear and dont have a sensor at all! So if im gonna buy some-why not find a longer pair to begin with? Thats why i asked
Buy the OEM cables for a new JK. It's the aftermarket that are short.

For nearly $20k, you'd think Dynatrac could toss in some speed sensor cables....
Old 11-27-2014, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check out aeromotive they make a Jeep Wrangler specific plug & play abs sensor wire extenders... Slick, i believe if i remember correctly they are 12" extra length... Perfect for my application. I started to do the splice and extend, but got into it and decided it was just too much and even with my "perfection" attitude it seamed like a hack job... Liked the extender route and they are water proof...
Old 11-27-2014, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Mopar makes a longer cable. I purchased one for my 07. Its about 5 inches longer.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Mopar makes a longer cable. I purchased one for my 07. Its about 5 inches longer.
Would u know the part number?
Old 11-28-2014, 05:43 AM
JK Junkie

This is what comes stock on new JKs. My stock cable was notably longer than the one that came on a new front bearing.

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Chrysl.../dp/B00FSDUZ54.

Quick Reply: Longer ABS sensor cable?