Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a costom bumper builder that wont brake the bank

Old 09-01-2015, 02:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pipes1004
I like what you did with the bumper. How do you like the Olympic bumper have heard they are not constructed very will and tend to be weak but i have never seen one up close. I was thinking of going with Nates 4x4 bumper with out the tube work and then doing my own and trimming the bumper to a mid width.
I wanted a front bumper with a 2" hitch for my fishing rod holder, Nates and Olympic were the only 2 choices. I forget the reason I went with Olympic, it was 7 years ago !

The Olympic Rock bumper has held up superbly over the years plus it's beefy and does take a hit.

There's a forum thread complaining of the flat paint finish of their Rock bumper, that I disagreed. I have the thicker "gloss" finish and it's never needed any work -- 7 New York winters with salt and road slush are a decent test for durability. No rust even now.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike at Down N Dirty Offroad might be able to help you. John at Goonie's Garage on the island is close to you(saw you're in farmingdale) and he works with them a lot. They're a small bumper manufacturer but may be able to do something custom.

https://www.facebook.com/downndirtyoffroad?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/gooniesgarage?fref=ts

Quick Reply: looking for a costom bumper builder that wont brake the bank