Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for non-beadlock wheels with removable outer ring

Old 01-27-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XTRyan
I have Pro Comp 1079's on my TJ. They have "Bead Lock" rings available for those and their 6079 series wheels as well. I like my 1079's except that they are tough to keep clean due to them being unsealed aluminum. If knew then what I know now, I would have had them clear powder coated when I first got them. Other than that, I like them. Just a few other options for you!

-Ryan
I also have the procomps with the "rock rings." They take a good amount of abuse, protect your wheels and are easily removed to pound them back into shape and paint. The good thing about the procomps are that they have a good high bead retention. For the past 2 years, I've routinely aired down my 37's to 8psi without any worry of breaking a bead. (as you can tell by the rear tire in this photo)

Another idea is the B.A.D. (Beadlock Assist Device) wheel. It utilizes an internal bead retention setup with removable Sacrificial Rock Rings.
http://youtu.be/9Kdt-L4r33U

Last edited by RodCyn; 01-27-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rugged Ridge the bolts are exposed, but I havent had any problem with them.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Method race wheel double standards have removable rings. That's what I have, and I am pleased with them
Old 01-27-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RodCyn
I also have the procomps with the "rock rings." They take a good amount of abuse, protect your wheels and are easily removed to pound them back into shape and paint. The good thing about the procomps are that they have a good high bead retention. For the past 2 years, I've routinely aired down my 37's to 8psi without any worry of breaking a bead. (as you can tell by the rear tire in this photo)

Another idea is the B.A.D. (Beadlock Assist Device) wheel. It utilizes an internal bead retention setup with removable Sacrificial Rock Rings.
http://youtu.be/9Kdt-L4r33U
Where did u get those rings? I have the same wheels...so the bolts come right out and I can add the ring?

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390852610485.jpg
Views:	1039
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	526754  
Old 01-27-2014, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Where did u get those rings? I have the same wheels...so the bolts come right out and I can add the ring?

Sent from my obama monitoring device
They're from procomp. Yes, remove your short bolts and they come with longer ones. I got them from 4Wheel parts.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Seanb33
Method race wheel double standards have removable rings. That's what I have, and I am pleased with them
I wondered if they came off. ... any pics?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

What about the MB 11 wheels? They have a removable outer ring. The bolts are slightly sunk into the ring. I have them on my Jeep and love them.
Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct
Old 02-08-2016, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

I got the Level 8 Pro Trackers from Discount Tire about a month ago. Love'em, removable/paintable rock rings, two valve stems per wheel, lightweight (25lbs) and not that expensive ($190)
Old 02-09-2016, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shortfuse
What about the MB 11 wheels? They have a removable outer ring. The bolts are slightly sunk into the ring. I have them on my Jeep and love them.
I was going to suggest that exact wheel. It is high on my list as my next set of rims. I really like the fact the bolts are sunk.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shortfuse

Perfect! I LOVE THOSE. ARE THE RINGS ALUMINUM AS WELL? I HOPE THERE NOT PLASTIC. THANKS

Quick Reply: Looking for non-beadlock wheels with removable outer ring