Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a roof rack (2 door JK). Looking for pics. and a good recommended company

Old 09-18-2014, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a roof rack (2 door JK). Looking for pics. and a good recommended company

Decided on purchasing a roof rack for the 2 door JK. Reason was to allow our dog to ride in the back while keeping room for our luggage. Plus, toss the Christmas tree on top

Anyways, looking for a good company and fairly priced roof rack. I'm not sure if they all do but would like to aviod drilling into the body where it can be seen. Not sure if some models mount elsewhere but I have seen pictures of tubes going into the side of the body etc.

Any help! Thanks!

2013 Jeep Wrangler 2 door soft top!

Last edited by ATFPat; 09-19-2014 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:37 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For one, you didn't say whether or not you had the hard or soft top and this would determine what one can do and what is out there for this application.. If you have the hardtop, I've always liked this version from Off Camber Fabrications

Otherwise.. body mounting or even bumper mounting is the next option.. in that case I'd have to say Wild Boar Products

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 09-19-2014 at 03:19 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gobi!

Old 09-19-2014, 12:36 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
For one, you didn't say whether or not you had the hard or soft top ...
He also needs to share what year Jeep, since this also affects options. Once again I will offer: This is why there is a profile to fill out. When people don't know the answer to the question they ask, how do they expect us to answer if they don't tell us what they're asking about? Also, bear in mind that profile may not be easily viewed by some folks on phones. So for obvious things, it's useful to include the basic info in the OP.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Updated! Sorry, I had no idea info didn't show up.

Also again! Thank you guys for the info posted so far!

Last edited by ATFPat; 09-19-2014 at 02:57 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

Gobi all the way! No drilling on the body. Happy with mine!

Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1350807742.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	576277  

Quick Reply: Looking for a roof rack (2 door JK). Looking for pics. and a good recommended company