Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Chevy Engine Conversion?

Old 01-29-2015, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Chevy Engine Conversion?

My shops that do this? Engine could range from a 5.3 to an LS-3 I don't really care....just like fuel injected V8 power.

Comments welcome...even snarky ones. 😁

2008 JKU is Jeep in question.

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Hammer
My shops that do this? Engine could range from a 5.3 to an LS-3 I don't really care....just like fuel injected V8 power. Comments welcome...even snarky ones. dde01 2008 JKU is Jeep in question. Thanks.
What's your question?

http://bruiserconversions.com/jeep-w...ls-conversion/

Bunch of options out there. Here's one.

Last edited by Stubicon; 01-29-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stubicon
What's your question? http://bruiserconversions.com/jeep-w...ls-conversion/ Bunch of options out there. Here's one.
Sorry was at a red light so speed typing..,lol.

Question is ANY shops that do it and what are some of the concerns with it versus trying to get more power out of the 3.8.

Comments welcome.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

No worries. Yes, there are plenty of shops doing it. Google LS JK swap and you'll get lots of good info. My thought would be unless you find an donor LS from a junk yard and do the swap yourself, you're going to pay A LOT for the swap. More then say putting a SC on your jeep.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am in middle of doing the 5.3 swap now with the 6 spd auto and doing it myself using MoTech install kit.

They have made alot of improvements to the kit harness since i ordered mine a year ago. Some of the improvements they have sent me as i move forward with build.

Doing this urself is not for the faint of heart. There is alot involved and alot of hidden costs. When its all said and done, it would almost have been same price to let MoTech do the install instead of me.

MoTech, JSP, several others have these kits and u should call them and ask who thier local installers are near u. They have a network ofpeople they use accross the country.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2603581344.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	594360  
Old 01-29-2015, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

I am in South Carolina if that adds anything to it. I don't really want to do it myself....big project that ALWAYS takes longer than you expect and costs more than you planned.

Must be shops around Atlanta that could do it.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Earth Siege
I am in middle of doing the 5.3 swap now with the 6 spd auto and doing it myself using MoTech install kit. They have made alot of improvements to the kit harness since i ordered mine a year ago. Doing this urself is not for the faint of heart. There is alot involved and alot of hidden costs. When its all said and done, it would almost have been same price to let MoTech do the install instead of me.
What would you say your starting cost estimates kit price donor price etc all were? and what your at now? And what you expect to be finished out the door price to finish the swap.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My donor all aluminum 2010 5.3 flex fuel engine and 6L80e with all front end engine accessories cost me $4600.00

The Motech kit with cruise/bcm package and tcase adaptor was about $6300.00-i got a bit of a discount since i had some of the stuff already with my donor engine

Had to buy new motor mounts-$250 total. The donor engine ones were shot from the wreck.

Had to buy diffent exhaust manifolds-silverado manifolds wont work good, need 2009 trailblazer ones $250 and then powdercoated in ceramic black-100.00

Various bolts/fittings/thread taps and drill bits/wireloom/solder/heatshrink/tiewraps/frame tubing clamps. $300.00

The supplied fuel line stuff was not impressing me-and this is more my problem than anyone elses-so i went and converted both lines to braided stainless steel with 6an fittings-$200.00

Shipping stuff to motech several times
200.00 and that includes insurance and boxing material and padding wraps. Had to send the guage cluster, a/c lines, gear shifter and computers both jeep and gm.

Part of the gearshift cable got left on the shifter and when it was shipped back to me, that part was not there so now i have to buy another 100.00 shifter cable and install that too since the little part cannot be gotten seperatly.

I had the guy accross my street weld the mounts in place and while he was at it, also my teraflex long arm brackets then took frame to powdercoating because it was looking pretty rough after all that grinding and welding. Came out perfect. Better than new!

This is still in progress and i have not gotten the exhaust + catalytics-the stock stuff wont work at all or the driveshafts so thats yet to be paid for.

Quick Reply: LS Chevy Engine Conversion?