Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M.O.R.E engine skid clearance issues

Old 03-23-2017, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default M.O.R.E engine skid clearance issues

Saturday I wrapped the install on the currie front axle, once we got it on the ground(prior to cycling suspension) I noticed the clearance between the corner of the skid and the pumpkin was pretty tight,barely big enough for my pinky. 50 ft down the diet driveway *clankclankclank* drove home gingerly because I knew I had wedged the axle onto the plate. Got home to this Click image for larger version

Name:	photo803.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	969.7 KB
ID:	668956 and after some fighting and a floor jack was able to remove it. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this skid that they have had to clearance? Hesitant to take the grinder to it but don't really have any other choice. As of right now I am running stock length arms so pushing axle forward isn't an option.

I'm running a Low COG lift so at ride height the skid isnt too far above the axle like some with 3+ inch lifts.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked at mine today and it has about 2 inches of clearance

Originally Posted by Jahamm88
Saturday I wrapped the install on the currie front axle, once we got it on the ground(prior to cycling suspension) I noticed the clearance between the corner of the skid and the pumpkin was pretty tight,barely big enough for my pinky. 50 ft down the diet driveway *clankclankclank* drove home gingerly because I knew I had wedged the axle onto the plate. Got home to this Attachment 668956 and after some fighting and a floor jack was able to remove it. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this skid that they have had to clearance? Hesitant to take the grinder to it but don't really have any other choice. As of right now I am running stock length arms so pushing axle forward isn't an option.

I'm running a Low COG lift so at ride height the skid isnt too far above the axle like some with 3+ inch lifts.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dbird29
Looked at mine today and it has about 2 inches of clearance
What's your setup? Stock D30?
I had plenty with the previous axle. I need to check axle center and maybe look at an adjustable trac bar given the newer raised position on the currie Axle
Old 03-27-2017, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like I may just have my trac bar in the wrong hole on the axle. In an effort to wrap the install there I wasn't quite thinking. Will be relocating that tomorrow hopefully and re checking clearances before pulling out the grinder
Old 03-28-2017, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Rubicon D44 axle.

Originally Posted by Jahamm88
What's your setup? Stock D30?
I had plenty with the previous axle. I need to check axle center and maybe look at an adjustable trac bar given the newer raised position on the currie Axle
Old 04-10-2017, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Fixed.
Had the trac bar in the wrong hole on the axle. That sorted it right

Quick Reply: M.O.R.E engine skid clearance issues