Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M.O.R.E. Rear Bumper

Old 01-23-2008, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M.O.R.E. Rear Bumper

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this rear bumper. It's about $1100.00

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/pictures/newJKrear.jpg

I got a very hard sell at the off road shop today, and I must say, I think it looks great.

It does not come painted.

But I like the way the release is on the bumper. Not just the latch on the left, which must be opened. But additionally, there is a pin on the right hand side which must be lifted to release the tire carrier. The pin also engages when the tire carrier is fully open to avoid getting whammoed by your 37.

The guy also said the fit is very good, and the bumper attaches deep into the frame of the jeep to support it better.

So can anyone give me the consumer report on this item? I gotsta know.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:26 PM
JK Junkie

$1100 and they don't paint it...
Old 01-26-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BaltChief
$1100 and they don't paint it...
It is expensive for non-powdercoated, but I've seen them run at least 2 sales in the last 6 months and I believe the price was $900 which brings them inline with alot of others.

It is one of my favorite rears so far

There is a Red Rock Unlimited in the RRshow off thread here with front and rear MORE bumpers that looks real good.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kidjeep
It is expensive for non-powdercoated, but I've seen them run at least 2 sales in the last 6 months and I believe the price was $900 which brings them inline with alot of others.

It is one of my favorite rears so far

There is a Red Rock Unlimited in the RRshow off thread here with front and rear MORE bumpers that looks real good.

Were the sales listed on their website? Just wondering b/c this is the one that I would like to get the most, but kinda hard justifying spending roughly $400 extra when you consider shipping/powdercoating.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmcan
I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this rear bumper. It's about $1100.00

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/pictures/newJKrear.jpg

I got a very hard sell at the off road shop today, and I must say, I think it looks great.

It does not come painted.

But I like the way the release is on the bumper. Not just the latch on the left, which must be opened. But additionally, there is a pin on the right hand side which must be lifted to release the tire carrier. The pin also engages when the tire carrier is fully open to avoid getting whammoed by your 37.

The guy also said the fit is very good, and the bumper attaches deep into the frame of the jeep to support it better.

So can anyone give me the consumer report on this item? I gotsta know.

I have one and it is well designed and built. M.O.R.E. has great customer service. I was told 2 weeks for them to build it. I planned on a 1 week for shipping. Guess what??? It was delivered in that time frame. Sure, bumper needed to be powder coated but I was able to choose the color I desired.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rear-bumpers-w-tire-carrier-11827/

You will have to scroll though the pages to find the pics.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:01 PM
JK Newbie

Long term feedback?
Old 09-21-2014, 11:41 PM
JK Freak

The link wasnt working when I tried,, but I have the JK rear with swing away tire carrier. It opens with the tailgate and there is a pin on the passenger side to keep the tire from swinging wildly closed. also ,, mine has the hi lift jack mount at an angle from the passenger side to the center. THIS IS A GREAT BUMPER!! it is built very solid and was a perfect fit when installed. I have had it up against many rocks and the only result was scratched powder coat. I also like the built in hitch. The only problem with mine was the heim joint attaching to the tailgate would go bad and start to rattle badly every 6 months,, give or take depending on how hard I wheeled it in the timeframe.

I eventually moved my 37" spare into the tub and modified the swing portion to hold rotopax cans, my license plate and a CB antenna. I also re-worked the connection to the tailgate and no longer use the cheap heim joint MORE provides.

Before and after pics.

Good luck with your decision.

Just realized this is from '08,,,,,,,,, Jesus Christ!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0548.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	576730   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0825.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	576731   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0810.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	576732   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0813.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	576733  

Last edited by big dr; 09-21-2014 at 11:46 PM.

Quick Reply: M.O.R.E. Rear Bumper