Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

mammoth lifts

Old 11-28-2014, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mammoth lifts

I see extreme terrain has 3" mammoth lift for sale today for $300 is this a good quality lift?
Old 11-28-2014, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd stay away from them. None heard of brand and the kits missing a lot of stuff for three inches of lift. Save money now on a cheap lift and you'll end up spending a lot more in the long run replacing broken components
Old 11-28-2014, 07:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't do it. If you haven't done so already, read "My Thoughts on Lifts", you will realize what what you are looking at and what that kit lacks. Price isn't everything.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by chewy33
I see extreme terrain has 3" mammoth lift for sale today for $300 is this a good quality lift?
The components in the lift are high quality. The Skyjacker Nitro Shocks are a popular budget shock. The springs in the kit are make just for Mammoth and won't sag on you. The kit comes with cam bolts that you might want to swap with adjustable control arms if you wheel your rig. The cams are known to move, especially off road. The kit is solid and a great, inexpensive starter to get your rig lifted. Let me know if you have any other questions or would like a quote!

-Ryan
Old 11-28-2014, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Thanx, i think i might go with terraflex 2 1/2". Is it ok to ride on shock extensions for a little while untill i can get better shocks. I really dont do much wheelin , only put about 5,000 miles a year on it.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Would probaly be about 6 months from now. Still probaly buying from extreme terrain.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by chewy33
Thanx, i think i might go with terraflex 2 1/2". Is it ok to ride on shock extensions for a little while untill i can get better shocks. I really dont do much wheelin , only put about 5,000 miles a year on it.
Nothing wrong with shock extensions other than they limit travel

Quick Reply: mammoth lifts