Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Math: Axle shift per inch of lift

Old 07-21-2016, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
You guys are way beyond me.

Here you go, red. Trying to keep everyone happy.
Never going to keep everyone happy. Looks good!!!
Old 07-21-2016, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Delta (the symbol), not the word would result as an invalid character in many programming languages and ' (single quote) always must have an additional closing ' , otherwise you would get a compile error indicating there is no closing of the single quotation operation. It's like have a single "(" opening bracket and not including the ")" closing bracket.

Since defining and using variables in all programming languages are essential, I've just learned to get away from how things are typically written in math books and establish habits that work both in math and programming since math and programming are directly related in most cases. It makes my brain hurt less.
Yes Syntax Errors are a horrible thing!
Old 07-21-2016, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Never going to keep everyone happy.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Where I can see the Pythagorean Theory coming in handy is not with predicting the axle shift but in correcting it after the fact with an adjustable track bar. If you take the A measurement before you lift (where you want your axle to end up), you can then take the B' measurement after, then square each and take the square root of the sum for the new length of the track bar.

Quick Reply: Math: Axle shift per inch of lift