Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MBRP Exhaust systems

Old 12-15-2014, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBRP Exhaust systems

Just noticed my muffler leaking so I'm taking the opportunity to upgrade. Has anyone had any experience with these MBRP systems? Looking at these "Off-Road" versions that put the exhaust in front of the rear axle, giving you more clearance and more power. Sounds pretty awesome. Anyone have or heard anything about these? What's the difference between the Installer, XP, and Black Series?

Thanks in advance for insight.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I went with the MBRP exhaust to gain more clearance in the back and it was so loud (highway drone) I added a hushmaster in front of the MBRP muffler which helped a little. End result... I threw it away after 60 days and got the AFE one which sounds great but is quiet on the highway.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my suggestion.
Keep your stock system, first of all.

Try one of ours, we have a few different applications where we relocate the muffler in front of the rear axle.
"rockcrawler" system
"evolution competition system"
Let me know a year on your Jeep and doors, and I can get you P/N's.

If you don't like ours, return it for a refund in the first 90 days.

Performance & Sound Guarantee
We challenge you to try our DynoMax® performance mufflers* risk-free for 90 days - if our products* don't meet the challenge, call us for your money back.

Originally Posted by blueescapes
Just noticed my muffler leaking so I'm taking the opportunity to upgrade. Has anyone had any experience with these MBRP systems? Looking at these "Off-Road" versions that put the exhaust in front of the rear axle, giving you more clearance and more power. Sounds pretty awesome. Anyone have or heard anything about these? What's the difference between the Installer, XP, and Black Series?

Thanks in advance for insight.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Riptide9
I went with the MBRP exhaust to gain more clearance in the back and it was so loud (highway drone) I added a hushmaster in front of the MBRP muffler which helped a little. End result... I threw it away after 60 days and got the AFE one which sounds great but is quiet on the highway.

I have the Stainless Off Road version on my JKU and it is too loud and drones as well. I'm tired of it. The construction and quality is great but too loud for my preference. Not sure of what I will switch it to next.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:08 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

JerpSWAG/Dominion Off-Road. Brett, the owner, was unhappy with all of the aftermarket exhausts, so designed his own for the 3.8. It requires relocating the evaporative canister, but is well protected. 100% stainless--every bracket, bolt, but, washer, welding rod. It sounds great. He has one designed for 3.6, but was waiting for real interest to offer it. You can hear mine on this video ...

Campo Road, May 2014: http://youtu.be/A77-7i5DrpE
Old 12-15-2014, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

I'm happy with my Dynomax. Its tucked way up on the inside of my frame rail, so its protected,, and dumps down just before the rear axle. Not too loud,,, by my standard.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big dr
I'm happy with my Dynomax. Its tucked way up on the inside of my frame rail, so its protected,, and dumps down just before the rear axle. Not too loud,,, by my standard.
Do you have to relocate the evap canister? What is the model? Expensive?
Old 12-16-2014, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is this it?

Single - 2.5" Cat-Back System - Ultra Flo? Polished Muffler - P/N: 39459 - DynoMax® Performance Exhaust
Old 12-16-2014, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

17263 9 116,,,, These are the #'s stamped on mine,, I don't recall which exact model it is, because it was given to me,, but it looks like the competition model that everyone talks about. If I were to get an exhaust, I would not pay for an expensive "SYSTEM". All you need is the muffler, and a good muffler shop to install it exactly where you want it. That will save you money!

PS,, Mine is on a 2012 2 door , and I have not had to move my evap,, the muffler is tucked up pretty close to it

Last edited by big dr; 12-16-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No relocate with any of our systems.

Originally Posted by blueescapes
Do you have to relocate the evap canister? What is the model? Expensive?
P/N 17263 is our 2.5" in/out 6" round that is used in both our "rockcrawler" and "Evolution Competition" systems, for the JK platform.

Originally Posted by big dr
17263 9 116,,,, These are the #'s stamped on mine,, I don't recall which exact model it is, because it was given to me,, but it looks like the competition model that everyone talks about. If I were to get an exhaust, I would not pay for an expensive "SYSTEM". All you need is the muffler, and a good muffler shop to install it exactly where you want it. That will save you money!

PS,, Mine is on a 2012 2 door , and I have not had to move my evap,, the muffler is tucked up pretty close to it

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust systems