Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal Cloak Corners + EVO Carrier?

Old 07-31-2014, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RckyMntJp
What did you end up going with iRonin? I'm facing a similar problem. I want to do MC fenders / exoskin all around but am stuck on the tire carrier.
At the time of my post, I was still on the fence about whether or not to go with MC or EVO or a mixture. After seeing some friends go through some..interesting.. customer service and backlog issues with MC, I personally decided to go with EVO all around and PS for the flares. I don't have the carrier yet as I opted to just remove my rear bumper completely for now (more important things to dump $ on) but I will end up going EVO corner skins, carrier, and fascia once I have $1200 to play with.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds like you'll have a nice setup. I saw the MC Jeep when they were in town and really like the flares and exo-skins so started off by ordering the rocker rail and rocker exo-skin. Figured I'd just stick with them since I want to do the game changer lift as well.

Seems like you're right about the backlog. They said I'd be waiting 5 - 8 weeks for the parts to come in. Not to bothered though. I'm mostly thinking ahead to next season at this point.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

My previous 2dr JK had the MC fenders. MC offers two types of fenders, the OVERLINE and OVERLAND.

The Overline fenders use MC armor to mount too which do not wrap around the rear corners. EVO carrier will not work with this BUT you can use the MC Overland fenders with the EVO carrier and skins.

I have a JKUR now and have been debating the same thing. I pretty much decided on going EVO carrier and skins with PS crusher/narrow flares.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your build!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Woops, guess I read through this too fast! Didn't see you already figured it out haha
Old 09-22-2014, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

i guess its a bit late to mention now, but check out evomfg.com they have rear corner armor with a weld on flare

Quick Reply: Metal Cloak Corners + EVO Carrier?