Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metalcloak 3.5" Game changer ARB Edition Install

Old 03-20-2015, 05:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

oh...also...install the rear track bar bracket at the same time as the rear driver lower control arm as they share a bolt. Do it before the shock. Attach the track bar driver side to the bracket before installing the shock or you will not be able to get the track bar bolt in with the shock in place. You can leave the passenger side disconnected though and suspend it with a bungie or lay it on the axle.

Also, don't worry about having a sawzall ready for the right front upper CA bolt like the instructions say if you have a 3.6. That was only an issue with the 3.8s.

Last edited by 14Sport; 03-20-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14Sport
oh...also...install the rear track bar bracket at the same time as the rear driver lower control arm as they share a bolt. Do it before the shock. Attach the track bar driver side to the bracket before installing the shock or you will not be able to get the track bar bolt in with the shock in place. You can leave the passenger side disconnected though and suspend it with a bungie or lay it on the axle.

Also, don't worry about having a sawzall ready for the right front upper CA bolt like the instructions say if you have a 3.6. That was only an issue with the 3.8s.
Will do thanks. I'm hoping I'm going to be able to get started Sunday so hopefully it works out. I'm still debating on painting the gold parts. Not a fan of gold but obviously the paint is going to get scraped off with use. I might paint this weekend maybe install the brake lines and some of the control arms then next weekend wrap it all up. We will see how it plays out.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rsbmg
Will do thanks. I'm hoping I'm going to be able to get started Sunday so hopefully it works out. I'm still debating on painting the gold parts. Not a fan of gold but obviously the paint is going to get scraped off with use. I might paint this weekend maybe install the brake lines and some of the control arms then next weekend wrap it all up. We will see how it plays out.
I just couldn't bring myself to bolting gold parts on my Jeep. And that's why I used Rustoleum, easy touch up.

I did mine myself in the driveway with a couple of jack stands and a floor jack. It took longer than I expected (first lift I ever did) and I'm real particular about getting everything lined up and centered perfectly. It pays off in the end. I did the front on Saturday and the rear on Sunday, which was much easier and made for a short day.

Make sure you have fun, that's what it's all about.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Why is this in the billboard section!?!
Old 03-20-2015, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just couldn't bring myself to bolting gold parts on my Jeep. And that's why I used Rustoleum, easy touch up.

I did mine myself in the driveway with a couple of jack stands and a floor jack. It took longer than I expected (first lift I ever did) and I'm real particular about getting everything lined up and centered perfectly. It pays off in the end. I did the front on Saturday and the rear on Sunday, which was much easier and made for a short day.

Make sure you have fun, that's what it's all about.
Do you sand the parts or just spray them?
Old 03-20-2015, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
Why is this in the billboard section!?!
Cuz I'm crazy like that. Sections? I don't need no stinking sections!
Old 03-20-2015, 02:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rsbmg
Do you sand the parts or just spray them?
I scuffed them up with a 3M pad. I didn't want to take any of the gold off since the chemical make-up is similar to primer.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I scuffed them up with a 3M pad. I didn't want to take any of the gold off since the chemical make-up is similar to primer.
Cool I might just go ahead and pick a color then!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet.... I'm waiting on mine to ship out. Its pretty cool the guys over at metal cloak call you up just to say thanks! Will probably paint everything to match my jeeps color too.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm torn between gloss black or trying something a little different like OD green

Quick Reply: Metalcloak 3.5" Game changer ARB Edition Install