Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metalcloak 3.5" Game changer ARB Edition Install

Old 03-27-2015, 01:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rsbmg
I have the ESP engaging every once in a while so still need to take the time to verify axles are centered. Steering wheel looks good no vibes or anything else going on. I'm guessing front axles might be a hair off so will check that this weekend. Would have had pics up by now but appearntly the camera download cable is MIA so gonna be a delay.............
You probably just need to recenter the steering wheel again. It seems to take 2 or 3 times to get it perfect.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for all the good info . Going to be installing a M C Game Changer 3.5 w six packs in my garage tomorrow . Will let you know how it turned out.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
You probably just need to recenter the steering wheel again. It seems to take 2 or 3 times to get it perfect.
this!

you can use a laser and some measuring to check the axle. or an alignment shop can do it. it took 3 times to dial in the steering. now mine handles nice and the caster angle is at 4 which is perfect. metal cloak states it should be between 3 and 5.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been messing with the steering wheel for 3 days now! Just when I think oh this is it I go drive and it seems to be off a little. I think I have it now I stopped twice on the way to work to tweak it but still got a little esp a couple times. Everything is close, just not close enough. I will get it all measured out and make sure axles are good and if so continue with the steering wheel. I think part of the problem is really its only a guess if your front wheels are truly straight.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dalearyous
this!

you can use a laser and some measuring to check the axle. or an alignment shop can do it. it took 3 times to dial in the steering. now mine handles nice and the caster angle is at 4 which is perfect. metal cloak states it should be between 3 and 5.
If I can't get it right I will just have the shop throw it on the rack when I go to get my tires mounted. I may do that anyway just for peace of mind.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:52 AM
JK Junkie

I have been messing with the steering wheel for 3 days now! Just when I think oh this is it I go drive and it seems to be off a little. I think I have it now I stopped twice on the way to work to tweak it but still got a little esp a couple times. Everything is close, just not close enough. I will get it all measured out and make sure axles are good and if so continue with the steering wheel. I think part of the problem is really its only a guess if your front wheels are truly straight.
It's not a guess for me. I have a gauge that allows me to see steering angle. Mine's exactly zero.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's not a guess for me. I have a gauge that allows me to see steering angle. Mine's exactly zero.
What is this gauge you speak of?
Old 03-28-2015, 02:05 AM
JK Junkie

What is this gauge you speak of?
Aeroforce Interceptor.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	24 Brake Pressure (Medium).jpg
Views:	834
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	603601  
Old 03-28-2015, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

So it can tell you if your steering wheel is centered but how would it know if your wheels are actually straight? I have the procal and according to it my steering wheel is centered but it wont know if the wheels are straight. I set up an appointment for Monday to get my 37's installed and a 4 wheel alignment so hopefully then I get soe answers. Something is out of wack but I just can't seem to figure it out. Axles seems centered caster seems good and steering wheel appears centered yet I'm still getting some esp activation on right hand turns. This is all tape measure and thread counting mind you and this is my first alignment so I might be off.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:50 PM
JK Junkie

I adjusted the drag link until my wheels looked and traveled straight. Then I checked it with the gauge and it was right on. Don't turn the steering wheel straight to check it, turn the wheels straight. In other words, make sure you are traveling straight and leave the steering wheel in the position that made you drive straight and then check the angle. Are you running stock wheels right now? You said your axle was centered, is it also square to the frame?

Last edited by 14Sport; 03-28-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak 3.5" Game changer ARB Edition Install