Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metalcloak Overland Series Lift Kits?

Old 06-14-2015, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metalcloak Overland Series Lift Kits?

just noticed that Metalcloak now has an Overland Series of Lift/Suspension kits for the JK... is this a new offering from them?... anyone have any other information or experience with this series... thanks in advance.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They put them up recently. Same springs but with drop brackets instead of control arms. Those kits are also missing shocks. Some have shock extensions, some don't.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

I'm curious, too. I recently discovered these kits, and I'm very curious. I don't want to change out the control arms right away, and it seems like everything Metalcloak makes has a reputation for great quality.

Anyone else running one of these kits?
Old 06-17-2015, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not Metalcloak but AEV drop brackets and Synergy springs with stock control arms...same concept and slightly softer springs that MC. Rides great, as I bet these Metalcloak ones will!
Old 06-20-2015, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

This kit too caught my eyes. Maybe someone will chime in. Im trying to get enough imformation on the 2.5" Dual Rate ARB edition to make me pull the trigger. Good luck
Old 06-20-2015, 08:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The kit should compete against the AEV, except it takes care of the shortcomings that the AEV kit has. For example, it comes with real sway bar links and an adjustable rear track bar with raised bracket. No doubt that the geo brackets are a little better designed as well.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I would love to hear someone's input that has it. Really looking hard at it for my new 2015. I had the AEV one on my 2011 and it was a great lift that I really never had any issues with but I'm looking at trying something new. It's my daily driver so on road manners matter to me.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stuozzy
Yeah I would love to hear someone's input that has it. Really looking hard at it for my new 2015. I had the AEV one on my 2011 and it was a great lift that I really never had any issues with but I'm looking at trying something new. It's my daily driver so on road manners matter to me.
Which AEV lift did you have?
Old 06-20-2015, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wish metal cloak would give us a shock option with these lifts. This is what is holding me back from ordering. I bet if I called they could add them.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleBJK
Which AEV lift did you have?
It was the 4.5 sc

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Overland Series Lift Kits?