Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metalcloak Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by K9wells
Does traction control light kick on? I just went on a 5 day wheeling trip and my whole system went crazy probably shouldnt have been goin that crazy. When I got done I took it to an alignment shop and it fixed the issues. I also run the bully dog triple gt so i just disabled everything !
No, it's not the traction control. I found out what that felt like when I was wheelin in NM with Maertz.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by snags922
I was wheelin in NM with Maertz.
Pffft...no wonder it's broken.

Try painting them safety yellow...that should work.

Last edited by 14Sport; 09-22-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Pffft...no wonder it's broken.

Try painting them safety yellow...that should work.
LOL...it was a lot of fun.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used to get similar problems. But an alignment fixed it for me. Is yours a Rubicon? Iv heard a truetrac in the front can make it do some funny things occasionally

Stay muddy my friends
Old 10-02-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jade_Monkey07
I used to get similar problems. But an alignment fixed it for me. Is yours a Rubicon? Iv heard a truetrac in the front can make it do some funny things occasionally

Stay muddy my friends
Yes, it is a Rubicon.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Question about the 6 packs. On the website it says that they are adjustable by the end user 150-160 psi how much does this change the ride? I was in an accident recently and im finding the ARBs really rough on my back. I like the stiffness for hard driving but lately I cant bring myself to get in the jeep. Really dont want to have to spend money on ranchos for adjustability and softness without gaining offroadability too

Stay muddy my friends
Old 10-07-2014, 11:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jade_Monkey07
Question about the 6 packs. On the website it says that they are adjustable by the end user 150-160 psi how much does this change the ride? I was in an accident recently and im finding the ARBs really rough on my back. I like the stiffness for hard driving but lately I cant bring myself to get in the jeep. Really dont want to have to spend money on ranchos for adjustability and softness without gaining offroadability too Stay muddy my friends
The PSI doesn't change ride quality. That is really the needed operating range. They're not like air shocks or coilovers. MetalCloak can custom valve them for you though (but they talked me out of it).

I have them and run them on a mid-weight 2 door. Honestly, I wish the rear were softer. My dad runs the same game changer lift with the ARB shocks and his rides much nicer (same weight 2 door). Guys with the 4 doors I've talked to seem to like the 6paks and the ride.

I'll sell you mine for a good deal. They're only a couple months old and the new internal design.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
The PSI doesn't change ride quality. That is really the needed operating range. They're not like air shocks or coilovers. MetalCloak can custom valve them for you though (but they talked me out of it).

I have them and run them on a mid-weight 2 door. Honestly, I wish the rear were softer. My dad runs the same game changer lift with the ARB shocks and his rides much nicer (same weight 2 door). Guys with the 4 doors I've talked to seem to like the 6paks and the ride.

I'll sell you mine for a good deal. They're only a couple months old and the new internal design.
thanks for the info. Not sure what im gonna do. My 4 door is on the lighter side for sure. I dont roll around with all my gear. It is defenitely softer with weight. Maybe ill just load it up for now.
Wanna trade my arbs for your 6 paks :p

Stay muddy my friends
Old 10-07-2014, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone running MC drag link if so are you able to flip the passanger side. I am only running the 2.5"GC.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont belive so. They dont believe in the high steer. IF you do go that route you need a trackbar bracket and synergy drag link. Im running this setup with hydro assist and love the feel

Stay muddy my friends

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread