Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metalcloak Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
At this point I don't care if NR drops MC, I just would like my two parts. As far as brake lines I could probably get away with something else and the TB is probably the one thing I need. As long as they both handle this for me quickly I will have nothing else to say. If not somebody will probably get bashed.
If you paid Northridge. Call them and have them change the parts to comparable parts they have in stock. They should be able to get you a set of crown brake lines and someone else's track bar bracket if you're in a hurry to get your lift installed. Honestly the coating in the crown brake lines is going to hold up better than what's on metal cloak anyway.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tae73
That sucks hope you get your parts, how long you been waiting? What kit did you buy?
3 weeks waiting. I've had everything else for 2 weeks. I bought the MC game changer with OME shocks.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JE8154
If you paid Northridge. Call them and have them change the parts to comparable parts they have in stock. They should be able to get you a set of crown brake lines and someone else's track bar bracket if you're in a hurry to get your lift installed. Honestly the coating in the crown brake lines is going to hold up better than what's on metal cloak anyway.
Not in a major hurry and would like to have all of the MC kit if possible just because when/if there is a problem I can contact them. Even though those two parts shouldn't be that important.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

3 weeks waiting. I've had everything else for 2 weeks. I bought the MC game changer with OME shocks.
Didn't those parts come with the original order?
Old 04-30-2015, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Didn't those parts come with the original order?

They weren't in stock at the time they sent the first part of the order. Which is stupid and NR should have just waited.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

They weren't in stock at the time they sent the first part of the order. Which is stupid and NR should have just waited.
Ouch. Since you ordered through NR and they sent a partial shipment I expect they will follow through. They are a stand up company. Even if MC cut ties they should finish partial orders out with them.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Ouch. Since you ordered through NR and they sent a partial shipment I expect they will follow through. They are a stand up company. Even if MC cut ties they should finish partial orders out with them.
I think they will as well. Somebody will take care of it.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:50 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I will try and answer this without trying to throw any company under the bus.

Metal cloak is a unique MFG as they rely on Retail sales to operate the business. They do not promote or like internet sales with the metal cloak brand. Frankly Metal cloak and Northridge was a experiment and it has had its challenges.

Challenges we have Faced.

- Lead times. We put stock orders in and wait anywhere from 5 days to 5 weeks for a shipment to leave metal cloak.
- No drop shipping. So if we are out of one part of a complete lift kit we have to wait weeks to fulfill the order or ship the order incomplete.
- We order Components and make up "lift kits" from the BOM off of metal cloaks website. For example we order 5 of every part that goes into a 3.5" kit and ship it.
- Metal cloak packaging is made up for the retail customer - for example if we order 2 trackbars we would get one box with two trackbars in it.
- Metal cloak is not going to allow us to offer free shipping any longer on there products. So we took it off the site while we look into writing the code required to make them the only MFG that we charge shipping for. Which goes against everything Northridge is. Our site is easy anything on it ships for free over $70.

Dallas JKU your situation is a perfect example we had a large amount of the parts in stock when you ordered but were missing a few of them. we are waiting on stocking orders to come in to be able to complete your order. There is no need to fear that you order wont be completed I think everybody on this site knows that. if you want to substitute like JE8154 said we can ship crown brakelines today for no extra charge.

For the Record we have not stopped carrying Metal Cloak. But we are having to Regroup. We know your expectations as a customer with dealing with Northridge is that your part ships with in a few minutes! And if we don't have it we usually have the option to drop ship it straight from the MFG. Metal Cloak and Northridge are working on a solution that will be best for both Companies and at the end of the day it we may choose to respectfully part ways or we may choose to work together better than we have previously.

Keep in mind there is Challenges Metal cloak has with working with us also. So really we just need to figure some things out and service you the customer like you are accustomed to. I have probably said way to much but at least you know where we are at.

If anybody has any questions / Concerns I am always available and willing to talk with anybody .

Thanks
David Johnson
President
Northridge4x4
360-340-0282

Last edited by Northridge4x4; 04-30-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
I will try and answer this with not trying to throw any company under the bus.

Metal cloak is a unique MFG as they rely on Retail sales to operate the business. They do not promote or like internet sales with the metal cloak brand. Frankly Metal cloak and Northridge was a experiment and it has had its challenges.

Challenges we have Faced.

- Lead times. We put stock orders in and wait anywhere from 5 days to 5 weeks for a shipment to leave metal cloak.
- No drop shipping. So if we are out of one part of a complete lift kit we have to wait weeks to fulfill the order or ship the order incomplete.
- We order Components and make up "lift kits" from the BOM off of metal cloaks website. For example we order 5 of every part that goes into a 3.5" kit and ship it.
- Metal cloak packaging is made up for the retail customer - for example if we order 2 trackbars we would get one box with two trackbars in it.
- Metal cloak is not going to allow us to offer free shipping any longer on there products. So we took it off the site while we look into writing the code required to make them the only MFG that we charge shipping for. Which goes against everything Northridge is. Our site is easy anything on it ships for free over $70.

Dallas JKU your situation is a perfect example we had a large amount of the parts in stock when you ordered but were missing a few of them. we are waiting on stocking orders to come in to be able to complete your order. There is no need to fear that you order wont be completed I think everybody on this site knows that. if you want to substitute like JE8154 said we can ship crown brakelines today for no extra charge.

For the Record we have not stopped carrying Metal Cloak. But we are having to Regroup. We know your expectations as a customer with dealing with Northridge is that your part ships with in a few minutes! And if we don't have it we usually have the option to drop ship it straight from the MFG. Metal Cloak and Northridge are working on a solution that will be best for both Companies and at the end of the day it we may choose to respectfully part ways or we may choose to work together better than we have previously.

Keep in mind there is Challenges Metal cloak has with working with us also. So really we just need to figure some things out and service you the customer like you are accustomed to. I have probably said way to much but at least you know where we are at.

If anybody has any questions / Concerns I am always available and willing to talk with anybody .

Thanks
David Johnson
President
Northridge4x4
360-340-0282
Damn why can't metalcloak just get on board and be like everyone else. It's not like they aren't making money. They would actually make more money as more distributors would try and worl work with them. Hope yall get it all worked out Dave. Sucks that won't be able to offer free shipping anymore. That was one of the best things metalcloak had going for them with you as a distibutor. And I'm not bashing metalcloak. They have awesome products. That fact is what makes it frustrating. If they were crappy no one would care.

Last edited by DunnyBunny; 04-30-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:12 PM
JK Junkie

If you buy the components separately as opposed to kits, then your relationship with MC is very important to DallasJKU. Sounds almost like he won't get his parts until you guys work it out. Should he go directly to MC (not that it would be any faster, but maybe just secured) and get a credit for the parts he didn't receive to cover his costs, or should he hang tight because you will finish his order? He just wants what he ordered, not substitutes. I'm not calling you out as 75% of the parts on my rig have come from you. Love your company. But giving politically correct answers doesn't mean sh*t to Dallas, he wants his parts. So what is the best course of action for him in this unfortunate situation? I'm sure in the long run it will all work out, but because of the timing of the situation he is not in it for the long run. It's unfortunate but a plan that helps him is definitely the best path at this point.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread