Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metalcloak Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope nobody thinks I am bashing any company. I trust both companies to get my parts together. It will get figured out and the situation hasn't ruined my views of either company.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

I suppose that I could be partly to blame for this. A few weeks ago, I called Metalcloak to ask a couple of questions about their different option in shocks.

I told them that I would be placing an order, but would order through Northridge as that is where I order 99% of my stuff. I commented that it was also nice that Northridge has free shipping. Metalcloak didn't seem to happy that I mentioned it.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by steve578
I suppose that I could be partly to blame for this. A few weeks ago, I called Metalcloak to ask a couple of questions about their different option in shocks.

I told them that I would be placing an order, but would order through Northridge as that is where I order 99% of my stuff. I commented that it was also nice that Northridge has free shipping. Metalcloak didn't seem to happy that I mentioned it.
When I ordered my PSC stuff, the pricing was the same but the shipping was the deal breaker, which is why I ordered through NR. NR is known, especially among the forums, for their free shipping. And quite frankly I understand where they are coming from having manufacturers try to dictate their policy. I am actually on NR's side on this. If NR has a better deal, then only a fool wouldn't take advantage of it. I'm sure NR pays supplier costs, and they offer free shipping, and it kills the manufacturer's that want retail sales for obvious reasons. It would appear to me, that they are trying to phase out other companies that offer a better deal from their network. I can see their side as well. If you have a popular product then you really don't want to discount the landing cost through other companies.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve578
I suppose that I could be partly to blame for this. A few weeks ago, I called Metalcloak to ask a couple of questions about their different option in shocks. I told them that I would be placing an order, but would order through Northridge as that is where I order 99% of my stuff. I commented that it was also nice that Northridge has free shipping. Metalcloak didn't seem to happy that I mentioned it.
Thanks Steve!! You really F'd this up for me this time !! Hope people can sense my sarcasm.

Last edited by DallasJKU; 04-30-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:28 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you buy the components separately as opposed to kits, then your relationship with MC is very important to DallasJKU. Sounds almost like he won't get his parts until you guys work it out. Should he go directly to MC (not that it would be any faster, but maybe just secured) and get a credit for the parts he didn't receive to cover his costs, or should he hang tight because you will finish his order? He just wants what he ordered, not substitutes. I'm not calling you out as 75% of the parts on my rig have come from you. Love your company. But giving politically correct answers doesn't mean sh*t to Dallas, he wants his parts. So what is the best course of action for him in this unfortunate situation? I'm sure in the long run it will all work out, but because of the timing of the situation he is not in it for the long run. It's unfortunate but a plan that helps him is definitely the best path at this point.
There is no issue, orders are still coming even though the parts are not on our site and just a FYI we did give DallasJKU an ETA of roughly 4 weeks to get everything from what I am being told by my salesman and tomorrow will be 3 weeks And I believe we have spoke to him twice or so today even. . Like I said previously we have not stopped carrying metal cloak . And we have pallets of parts still on order and still in process nothing has changed but we wanted to be proactive and take it off the website until we could mainly figure out how to only charge shipping on metal cloak and nothing else.

I don't sugar coat anything and wasn't trying to be politically correct with anybody I wrote facts and am trying to be transparent to the issue's.

David
Old 04-30-2015, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
There is no issue, orders are still coming even though the parts are not on our site and just a FYI we did give DallasJKU an ETA of roughly 4 weeks to get everything from what I am being told by my salesman and tomorrow will be 3 weeks And I believe we have spoke to him twice or so today even. . Like I said previously we have not stopped carrying metal cloak . And we have pallets of parts still on order and still in process nothing has changed but we wanted to be proactive and take it off the website until we could mainly figure out how to only charge shipping on metal cloak and nothing else. I don't sugar coat anything and wasn't trying to be politically correct with anybody I wrote facts and am trying to be transparent to the issue's. David
Yes I was told 3-4 weeks and by no means am I mad at anyone. If my posts came across that way I apologize. Like I have said this issue will get handled and I have 100% confidence in both companies.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well thank you, David. That is no less than what I am accustomed to from your company.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Well thank you, David. That is no less than what I am accustomed to from your company.
I agree.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

so i ordered the game changer lift with OME shocks, steering stabilizer, vacuum pump relocation kit, front and rear bumpers/tire carrier. the shipping was a disaster. large boxes showed up at the shop mostly empty and missing lots of parts. one phone call to MC and they 2 day shipped all the missing parts and i know that wasn't cheap.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
Thanks Steve!! You really F'd this up for me this time !! Hope people can sense my sarcasm.
I picked up the sarcasm right away.

I received everything but one set of sway bar links. Brian called me right after I placed my order to make me aware of the delay with some parts which was appreciated. I have always received great service from NR.

I will, however, think twice about ordering Metalcloak. The free shipping seems really petty.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread