Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metalcloak Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just a FYI Metal cloak is back up on our site. If it is on the site that means as of the morning it is in stock ready to ship. We will update the site every morning.

David
Old 06-10-2015, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy
Proof... lol...

After we wrapped it up, we signed and wrote our build date on the bottom of the tub.

Also, although it looks like it, the stands are not supporting the tie rod.
Okay...her hands look way too clean to be any more than a poser shot...lol. Did she really help beyond shagging the beers?
Old 06-10-2015, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Just a FYI Metal cloak is back up on our site. If it is on the site that means as of the morning it is in stock ready to ship. We will update the site every morning. David
Thanks for the heads up David. I just ordered the MC inner fenders.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Okay...her hands look way too clean to be any more than a poser shot...lol. Did she really help beyond shagging the beers?
"Shagging the beers"... lol. The jeep was so clean at that point we didn't really get dirty at all (just brake fluid). Actually, it's still ridiculously clean. Only thing in SW Florida is mud, and I don't do mud. Just waiting to move later this summer.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy
Proof... lol... After we wrapped it up, we signed and wrote our build date on the bottom of the tub. Also, although it looks like it, the stands are not supporting the tie rod.
That's awesome I'm gonna have to show my wife.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Should be installing the 2.5" Dual rate kit in a month or so. Hopefully along with their front bumper if all goes well
Old 06-29-2015, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I picked up a full set of Metalcloak adjustable arms from Northridge to use for pinion adjustment with new Adams driveshafts. Install was not difficult and there is a noticeable improvement in the smoothness of the ride. Prior to this I had Teraflex adjustable front lower arms and everything else was stock.

I saw Dave's post saying that if they showed it on the website they had it in stock and they did. My order shipped immediately, I was prepared to order and have to wait several weeks.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by papajohn18
does anyone run metal cloak's drive shafts? saw them on their website today and curious because i was planning on new ones in the near future
I saw then to. But I could not find that much information on them. They look like good shafts and all but the rear looks like it reuses the stock pinion flange.

Also was they have front upper axle side bushings, but the right side doesn't look like it could be use with the artec truss I all ready have. Anyone using them?
Old 06-29-2015, 02:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AC/DC
I saw then to. But I could not find that much information on them. They look like good shafts and all but the rear looks like it reuses the stock pinion flange. Also was they have front upper axle side bushings, but the right side doesn't look like it could be use with the artec truss I all ready have. Anyone using them?
I'd reuse the pinion flange all day. Nothing wrong with the stock flange. In fact, I'd rather have a flange hitting rocks and not my u-joint.

Also, most people do not want to do the work to properly reset the pinion preload. Pulling axle shafts and carrier is a bit of a pain just to swap a driveshaft.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^Just to clarify, if you measure preload before removing the pinion nut, you can leave the carrier and shafts in, but all brake parts need to go. If you don't measure before, everything comes out and you start from scratch.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread