Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metalcloak vs Currie Tie Rod/Drag Link setup

Old 09-30-2015, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metalcloak vs Currie Tie Rod/Drag Link setup

Anyone have any experience with either of these two setups? There is quite a difference in price plus I bent the hell out of the stock TR. A lot of the trails I run out here put the Tie Rod in harms way so I need a beefier setup.... The link says CJ but it is for a JK

Thanks

Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts

JK Full HD Steering System, JK Wrangler HD Game Changing Tie Rod for use with Aftermarket or Stock Wheels, JK Wrangler HD Game Changing Drag Link, Tubular Alloy Steel, Metacloak recommends the Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer.

Last edited by THEBOMBER3; 09-30-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Had Currie CorrectLync kit. It is very stout. Very. Problems ...

1. Boots kept getting torn They offer several styles, but all were troublesome. Even tried metal boots they offer, but they rattled annoyingly.

2. Large size kept banging up steering stabilizers. Fixed by moving SS from tie rod to drag link.

3. They are so stout that the weight flopping around tears up the rod ends. Those ends are huge, but not enough so.

4. Huge ends scraped off balance weights on passenger side wheel. Solved by relocating weights.

5. Tried to rebuild, but even with special tool could never remove innards of end. It is just too shallow to get a good bite on the end to turn it. In hindsight, I could have had a weldor weld a big nut on the bad end, then use a proper socket to remove the innards. But I ended up pulling and replacing with Synergy.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have all synergy steering very happy with it. The only complaint is the ends flop and the boots year easily. Because of that I inquired into getting those new antiflop ends from metalcloak but they wouldn't sell them to me because I didn't have their stuff. The new design they have looks interesting though
Old 09-30-2015, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

i had the currie setup in my TJ and it was bullet proof. it was pricey back then, but even more so now. i would have gone with the currie setup on my jku, but decided to go with the mc steering since it was so much cheaper and i bought into the anti-flop ends. i was impressed with the mc customer service, but if you're looking for something with a warranty backing, you may want to stick with currie. i've yet to install the mc kit, so the jury is still out.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by maxboxa
i had the currie setup in my TJ and it was bullet proof. it was pricey back then, but even more so now. i would have gone with the currie setup on my jku, but decided to go with the mc steering since it was so much cheaper and i bought into the anti-flop ends. i was impressed with the mc customer service, but if you're looking for something with a warranty backing, you may want to stick with currie. i've yet to install the mc kit, so the jury is still out.
whats your opinion regarding the stoutness of the two...is it double the price thicker... Both companies have great reputations when it comes to quality products but seeing as you have actually put your hands on both products is the Currie that silly.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:52 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I ran the curry set up and it sucked for the reasons already listed. Run synergy now and much better and is quite a bit less weight. Then there is the ridiculous price tag on the curry set up.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run synergy tie rod and drag link and like it a lot. My friend just got RK aluminum Tie rod, and I am really impressed.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:41 PM
JK Newbie

I'm still waiting on delivery so I haven't held the mc kit in hand. The correctlynk was heavy and thick as all hell. I think the diameter difference is about 1/4", but Currie is chromoly vs a steel alloy.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

Dirtman & mds22...Are these the parts you're running? I hadn't considered synergy products basically due to lack of knowledge. After hearing all the above mentioned issues with the Currie TR/DL and the price I'm thinking I'll save some money (ball joints, axles, drive shaft maybe?) and headaches. I appreciate all the feedback...these products are not cheap so I'd rather spend my cash on quality products that have real world application rather than just a name. thanks again

Synergy Manufacturing 8002 - Synergy Manufacturing Chromoly Tie Rod for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Synergy Manufacturing 8001 - Synergy Manufacturing High Steer Drag Link Kit for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Last edited by THEBOMBER3; 10-01-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:48 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Yes, I run both of those links.

Quick Reply: Metalcloak vs Currie Tie Rod/Drag Link setup