Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miles on you AEV 3.8 Supercharger ??

Old 03-13-2014, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miles on you AEV 3.8 Supercharger ??

Anyone have some long hard miles on their AEV supercharger they want to comment on?

Are you happy still? Did you develop any issues after awhile of use?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2014, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About 3,000-4,000 miles here, no issues so far

Still happy as can be with it - a short while back on a snow run it helped me be the only one in our group to make a steep snow covered hill climb (a group that included a couple of 3.6's)

It's also nice to no longer be beat off the line at red lights by Prius's
Old 03-13-2014, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kbp810
About 3,000-4,000 miles here, no issues so far

Still happy as can be with it - a short while back on a snow run it helped me be the only one in our group to make a steep snow covered hill climb (a group that included a couple of 3.6's)

It's also nice to no longer be beat off the line at red lights by Prius's
At what mileage did you install your supercharger?

I've got about 101K on my '09. I did a compression test over the summer and pegged at least 175psig in all cylinders.

I'm just looking to get some more comfortable highway driving, would you say it does that well?

Last edited by Huntphreak; 03-13-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

I have about 3k or more on my 2010 jku with the RIPP installed. Love it and so far no major issues. It's a little noisy at idle but that's how I know it has power to spare. Also it does surge if you are trying to keep it at just over 70. 68 mph is really good though. Also I have EVO coilovers long arms and 5.13 gears with 35" Goodyear mtr/Kev. My truck is heavy from upgrades like bumpers, skids, winch, lights and stereo.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Huntphreak
At what mileage did you install your supercharger?

I've got about 101K on my '09. I did a compression test over the summer and pegged at least 175psi in all cylinders.

I'm just looking to get some more comfortable highway driving, would you say it does that well?
Installed around 40,000 miles, mines a '10

It really made a big difference in daily driving over all; the jeep accelerates and gets to speed like it should. On the highway, my jeep used to start to get unhappy over 65mph, now I can set the cruise around 75 and it holds it comfortably with what feels like power to spare.

Merging and passing weren't "terrible" before, but only because I drive a manual and it used to take running out the lower gears to get up to speed, or having to downshift to 4th or in extreme cases even 3rd to pass or hold speed up a long gradual hill. Now it will hold speed in 6th just fine, and on the flatter roads I can even make a gradual pass in 6th now.

Just for reference, manual with 4.88 gears on 37" MT/r's.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Anybody know what the exhaust temps are doing ? I know if a diesel is lugged it will make the exhaust temp climb . Not good for the engine , better to down shift than to lug it .
Old 03-13-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JBADV
Anybody know what the exhaust temps are doing ? I know if a diesel is lugged it will make the exhaust temp climb . Not good for the engine , better to down shift than to lug it .
Not sure i can record temps. I will give this a shot tomorrow after a decent city/highway drive

Quick Reply: Miles on you AEV 3.8 Supercharger ??