Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modification you regret. What do you wish you didn't do today?

Old 04-15-2015, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default hmmm

seriously if you havent already gotten the rancho 9000 adj shocks . Get them , night and day difference . I had my stock rubicon shocks and was feeling like my jeep was gonna rattle my teeth out over cracks in pavement here in the mountains of N.H. Got the rancho 9000 and its like a magic carpet ride . Smooth as hell now !

My jeep is my main ride , I like it that way I had several vehicles on the road before at once and decided less is more dumped them .
I know the 3.8 is no powerhouse but id rather drive slow in jeep than fast in any of the newer cars ( if it were a 69 camaro) Then i might take the car here and there .

* btw your jeep looks awesome in your album/ nicely done up . The Roof rack on your 2 door looks great .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	69-Camaro-Heading.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	606566  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-15-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
seriously if you havent already gotten the rancho 9000 adj shocks . Get them , night and day difference . I had my stock rubicon shocks and was feeling like my jeep was gonna rattle my teeth out over cracks in pavement here in the mountains of N.H. Got the rancho 9000 and its like a magic carpet ride . Smooth as hell now ! My jeep is my main ride , I like it that way I had several vehicles on the road before at once and decided less is more dumped them . I know the 3.8 is no powerhouse but id rather drive slow in jeep than fast in any of the newer cars ( if it were a 69 camaro) Then i might take the car here and there . * btw your jeep looks awesome in your album/ nicely done up . The Roof rack on your 2 door looks great .
Thanks a bunch bro! A lot of blood, sweat & tears went into that build! Not done yet though...
I had read a bunch of threads on Fox shocks, and figured I had made an awesome choice, which might be as far as I know. I just don't know if I can start swapping shocks with the crappy roads we have in South Louisiana...I might end up with the same ride I have now...lol

Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Old 04-18-2015, 02:52 PM
Cuv
JK Enthusiast

RC lift a few years ago. It was nice for a while and kept having saggy coils and leaking shocks. They were great about replacing them but I don't want to keep doing that. So OME and I've been happy.

And then there's the PSC rear flares. Quality is good and flares aren't the issue. I had wanted corner armor... No real need but it was in my head that I wanted it. I should have gone with river raider rear armor, the one that comes all the way down the wheel well and doesn't stop where the flare starts. I would still keep the PSC front flares. Aluminum would be nice.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buying straight hydrolic shocks. They are terrible and way to soft.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:33 PM
JK Newbie

This thread has really given me a lot to reconsider on my " to-do" list.... Thank you
Old 04-19-2015, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kdubflint
What gears was your 12 running? 3.21's? Wondering cause I'm debating between 35's and 33's and I have 2012 jkus w/3.21's
I'm running heavy 33s on my 2012 (auto) with 4.10s and thats great. Am going to 35s at the end of the month, and honestly, I'm a little nervous.

With your 3.21s 33s should be more than fine. 35s however could be a different story. If you have the manual then it'll be less of an issue.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Septu
I'm running heavy 33s on my 2012 (auto) with 4.10s and thats great. Am going to 35s at the end of the month, and honestly, I'm a little nervous.

With your 3.21s 33s should be more than fine. 35s however could be a different story. If you have the manual then it'll be less of an issue.
Gears will be one of the last mods I do and I have Auto, 4.10's and Nitto 37's. You'll be plenty fine with 35's.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by n3tfury
Weird. Mine is stout as hell. I have none of the issues you describe.

For me, every once in awhile I wish I had the manual tranny. I also sometimes wish I had the 2 door for whatever reason. Maybe I just need to get a manual TJ.
Originally Posted by anviljk
Yea my Teraflex antenna mount is pretty solid.
Originally Posted by n3tfury
Not just the antenna mount, but the whole accessory mount is solid.
My hinge is stout and the rotopax/hi-lift mount is solid but the antenna mount part flexed like crazy with my 4' firestix. It bothered me enough I ditched the acc. mount for the tf stand alone antenna mount which is solid. I tried different things to shore up the antenna mount but was not happy with it. I rarely used it altho it did work well for carry my Maxtrax.

Last edited by jadmt; 04-19-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Septu

plenty happy with my 4.10 (14 auto) and 35's. I had a 13 with 3.21s and 33's and was not happy as it hunted to always be in the right gear continual shifting up and down on the highway. It was fine in town and off road. it was the 70mph cruising that was annoying.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jadmt
My hinge is stout and the rotopax/hi-lift mount is solid but the antenna mount part flexed like crazy with my 4' firestix. It bothered me enough I ditched the acc. mount for the tf stand alone antenna mount which is solid. I tried different things to shore up the antenna mount but was not happy with it. I rarely used it altho it did work well for carry my Maxtrax.
Did you get an early run of the Teraflex tire carrier? I'm wondering if the early versions had the flimsy antenna mount. I have the 4' firestik as well and zero issues and it's on there daily.

Quick Reply: Modification you regret. What do you wish you didn't do today?