Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moisture/condensation on the inside of truck lite lens?

Old 01-20-2015, 05:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Moisture/condensation on the inside of truck lite lens?

I have a set of TL 27270c leds that I bought from NR4x4 about 2 years ago. One of them gets moisture on the inside of the lens whenever it rains or I wash it. The other stays dry. They both work fine but I am afraid that eventually it will fog up enough that it will be cloudy and not come back to clear. Both lights have the same little patch/seal vent cover on the back. Is this something that Truck lite will replace even tho the light is still working? I have emailed them a couple of times but have never heard back. Anybody else get moisture/condensation on the inside of the lens? thanks
Old 01-20-2015, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Living in SW Florida I have plenty of moisture. I've had my Truck Lites for almost a year and so far so good. Have you checked to make sure the one is securely positioned?

Originally Posted by jadmt
I have a set of TL 27270c leds that I bought from NR4x4 about 2 years ago. One of them gets moisture on the inside of the lens whenever it rains or I wash it. The other stays dry. They both work fine but I am afraid that eventually it will fog up enough that it will be cloudy and not come back to clear. Both lights have the same little patch/seal vent cover on the back. Is this something that Truck lite will replace even tho the light is still working? I have emailed them a couple of times but have never heard back. Anybody else get moisture/condensation on the inside of the lens? thanks
Old 01-20-2015, 07:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pull the light out and check the top/rear of the lamp, there should be a Gore-Tex patch over the breather hole. If it is still there you could have a bad seal on the lens, if it fell off you should give the vendor who sold the light to you a call to see about a replacement patch or light. Good luck
Old 01-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you bought them from us give us a call and we will get you handled asap!

David
Old 01-20-2015, 08:08 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
If you bought them from us give us a call and we will get you handled asap!

David
thanks photo sent per phone call. thanks jeff
Old 01-20-2015, 09:44 AM
JK Jedi

Incredible customer service from Northridge4x4 and Trucklite. Big thanks to both.

Quick Reply: Moisture/condensation on the inside of truck lite lens?