Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mopar remote start installed in 2010 jku with half doors, no power locks or windows?

Old 02-28-2015, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mopar remote start installed in 2010 jku with half doors, no power locks or windows?

So I got a killer deal on a mopar remote start and want to install it but now I am reading all the old posts saying you cannot. Do we know for certain? Has anyone accomplished this? Also I have one key and don't know if that is going to bring up more problems...

Please help! It's cold!!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

bump!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HiHoSilver
bump!
Not sure if this will help you, but my '08 JKUR came with remote start + hardtop w/full steel doors. I found a set of half doors and installed the inner wiring harnesses for the full doors with pwr locks & windows, just left the window wires unconnected. Works like a charm now with remote start & the half doors. Pwr locks work, too. I think remote start locks the doors before turning over the engine, so (this is a wild guess) you may have to switch out the door wiring to the pwr lock type to make it work, else it won't complete it's cycle prior to starting.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Caretaker
Not sure if this will help you, but my '08 JKUR came with remote start + hardtop w/full steel doors. I found a set of half doors and installed the inner wiring harnesses for the full doors with pwr locks & windows, just left the window wires unconnected. Works like a charm now with remote start & the half doors. Pwr locks work, too. I think remote start locks the doors before turning over the engine, so (this is a wild guess) you may have to switch out the door wiring to the pwr lock type to make it work, else it won't complete it's cycle prior to starting.
Definitely interesting! I spoke to the dealer and they said they have no idea why it wouldn't work without the power group but they are inquiring with Chrysler to make sure

Last edited by HiHoSilver; 03-04-2015 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

The one thing I didn't have to do but felt it would help functionality in the long run was to add a manual power door lock switch to the front doors. I had to cut the inner door panel, but it wasn't because I was too lazy to lock all the doors from the inside. The auto lock & unlock features periodically reset themselves. The only way to re-program them is to actuate the pdls after turning on the ignition switch four times. Well, if there's not one on the half doors, guess what. You have to put the full doors back on just to active the pdls. It doesn't look all that great, but no one notices they're even there. I'd recommend adding them, though, especially if you don't have full doors to use to re-program. That is, of course, provided yours has the auto lock/unlock feature.

Quick Reply: mopar remote start installed in 2010 jku with half doors, no power locks or windows?