Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mopar tranny coolet

Old 02-26-2015, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wife picked up a cooler (3.8L) for me as a gift and I'm not going to complain. I know there are way cheaper alternatives. Anyways, the install instructions are worthless...drawings without written instructions. I know it's not rocket science but does anyone know if an instructional install video or write up for this particular cooler exists? I've searched and cant find one. Pardon the typo...cooler (fat thumbs) and I can't edit the title.

Last edited by bluebear; 02-26-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Write Up

There are several in the write up section.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...-cooler-37839/

search the write up section for transmission cooler.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Are you referring to the oem cooler they claim is for towing? I believe it's the same one that comes in the 2012's and up. That's what i did and while mostly useless it not that difficult. The hardest part is removing the transmission lines to swap in the new piece. There's a special tool for that. Also there is a plastic dam or something that comes out as well. Removing the grill and bumper are a must.

Last edited by blue project; 02-26-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by blue project
Are you referring to the oem cooler they claim is for towing? I believe it's the same one that comes in the 2012's and up. That's what i did and while mostly useless it not that difficult. The hardest part is removing the transmission lines to swap in the new piece. There's a special tool for that. Also there is a plastic dam or something that comes out as well. Removing the grill and bumper are a must.
Bumper removal is not required.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150226_190536.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	598805
Old 02-26-2015, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Angry

Originally Posted by azxr
There are several in the write up section.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...-cooler-37839/

search the write up section for transmission cooler.
Looking for an install write up SPECIFICALLY for the Mopar cooler. That thread mentions the unit but has a lot of tips for the BME cooler. Thanks anyways.

Originally Posted by blue project
Not sure what 2012s are equipped with but mine is part number 82212486AB

Directions are clear as mud
Old 02-26-2015, 07:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bluebear

Not sure what 2012s are equipped with but mine is part number 82212486AB

Directions are clear as mud
The 2012+ JKs have a cooler similar to the OEM kit you are referring to. The plumbing is a little different.

I have not seen a write-up for the kit. I have installed 3 of them, so if you have questions, feel free to ask.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

It's a very straight forward install. Highly advantageous to get the recommended jiffy Tite 3/8" quick release tool for the cooler lines. You can release them with a small pick tool, but the Jiffy Tite tool makes it very easy. Mounting it is a snap. You need some sharp shears to trim the lower cooler shroud.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The 2012+ JKs have a cooler similar to the OEM kit you are referring to. The plumbing is a little different. I have not seen a write-up for the kit. I have installed 3 of them, so if you have questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks...let me start with something simple that the directions don't even state...how much fluid will I need to add?
Old 02-27-2015, 05:56 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bluebear
Thanks...let me start with something simple that the directions don't even state...how much fluid will I need to add?
I didn't lose enough fluid to have to add any. Others have lost some. I don't recall how much, but having a quart on hand should be enough. If you see fluid pouring out of the disconnected line, raise it as high as you can until you're ready to reconnect it.

Quick Reply: Mopar tranny coolet