Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motoblue 80mm throttle body

Old 12-08-2016, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motoblue 80mm throttle body

As anyone tried one of these? I can't find any reviews but they seem to make throttle bodies for almost all jeeps. I am Ripp supercharged on my 3.6 so stuffing more air in would be great. It would obviously require a tune but I just want some feedback from anyone. They are fully plug and play.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the old days a bunch of us were swapping in viper throttle bodies which was a plug and play mod for the 3.8. I noticed no difference except getting the lightning bolt a few times and limp mode, occasionally a rough idle. This was with a canned superchips tune which was made to use that throttle body and even on stock tuning. I sold the throttle body and put my stock one back on and have not had one issue since.

If you can get a custom tune to work with it then it might be worthwhile. The viper throttle body has a mopar part number and is plug and play for about $120. We'll back then it was $120. Not sure if it works with the 3.6

If you google "viper throttle body jeep" or combinations of that there's like a thousand threads about people's great results and others complete lack of them with the mod I did, lol. Not sure if that's helpful but maybe...

Last edited by Biginboca; 12-09-2016 at 01:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Motoblue 80mm throttle body