Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My jeep is leaking !!!

Old 02-02-2016, 08:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol sorry, but you guys coming on here, complaining about your jeep leaking...what a bunch of pansies 😂
Old 02-02-2016, 09:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull the carpet and call it a day, if you get water in there pull the plugs and you should be good!
Old 02-03-2016, 03:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leaks

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
Lol sorry, but you guys coming on here, complaining about your jeep leaking...what a bunch of pansies 😂
Are you serious? Did someone buy the Jeep for you so you did not have to pay for it? Vehicles can come with "bugs" that can and should be handled at the dealer level. This problem of leaks started years ago with this body style in 07 and Jeep knowingly continues to produce it with a known defect. If you feel that this should be NORMAL and lived with that's your business. But if I wanted to listen to an a --hole I'd FART!
Old 02-03-2016, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dont you know by now there are tons of a--holes on here. If you dont strip your $45k jeep down and only hard core off road you are a pussy. Makes me laugh. They are the same guy who is the super douche on the trails cause they think they are badass.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by busa250
Dont you know by now there are tons of a--holes on here. If you dont strip your $45k jeep down and only hard core off road you are a pussy. Makes me laugh. They are the same guy who is the super douche on the trails cause they think they are badass.
Nailed it...personally, if you buy a 45k jeep and beat the hell out of it you have more money than brains.

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Old 02-03-2016, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default Leaks

My 12' JKU started leaking a couple years ago. Bought it brand new and pretty much expected that leaking was eventually inevitable. Just no way with the amount of removing of components and exposing all that weather stripping to the elements that it could last forever. I'll admit it should have taken a lot longer for things to begin to leak but so far it isnt something I cant live with. Mine is small enough that I can let it air dry. Both sides around the A pillars.

I did have a couple instances where it sat in the rain and i took off and didnt experience the leak until hitting the breaks. Then it was like a small stream pouring down onto the center of the dash. That has only happened a few times though and I think it might have been more on small variations in how I had the freedom tops seated. Now I just make sure I have them seated just right.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Nailed it...personally, if you buy a 45k jeep and beat the hell out of it you have more money than brains. Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Why can't you have both??? Thinking
Old 02-03-2016, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Why can't you have both??? Thinking
Dont usually go together.

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Old 02-06-2016, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing how FlameRedJK lives in Riverside, CA, I'm pretty sure any opinion he has here is null and void. How much rain do you guys get per year? Ya, that's what I thought.

For those that live in a dry-climate where it doesn't rain often, have a garage and use the JK as an extra vehicle, then I could see how the Jeep leaking water isn't a big deal. However, I live in an apartment, I drive my Jeep every day and I live in Portland, where it rain's a lot. There's nothing more frustrating then walking to my car in the morning to drive to work only to find my seats and carpet drenched from rain the previous night. If these problems don't pertain to you, then good for you, go troll some other thread where your opinions are more relevant.

Following up on the repair kit I purchased, rather than try to install new foam in every location possible on the JK_WATER_LEAKS manual, I started with the foam on the A-pillar first. Following the instructions, I took off the top, removed the twist-knobs holding the door surrounds and installed the new A-pillar foam pieces. Luckily, there was no rain for about 3 hours and I was able to get this done, but the next morning we got another inch of rain. Luckily for me, the new A-pillar foam pieces did the trick. No more leaks! Hallelujah!

The only thing about this that sucks is that the Foam Pillar Repair Kit costs $39 and I only needed 2 pieces out of it. Granted, I'm sure I'll need the others eventually.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
Pull the carpet and call it a day, if you get water in there pull the plugs and you should be good!
reading all this old stuff to catch up

Just remembered I need to bedline or raptorline the inside of my jeep, my carpet is nasty lol

Quick Reply: My jeep is leaking !!!