Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My thoughts on the Superchips 3872

Old 10-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the in depth write up!

When we do these for customers, we will normally do the tune while we are doing detail work like wiping things down, paint marking bolts, etc. This lets the tune do its things and it doesn't cut into our install time.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally installed mine. Plugged it into the computer, updated the software on the Flashpaq, then went and installed it on the jeep. Holy crap where you right urmyboyblue, it took a looooong time to install. Not gonna get into detail as you but yes took about 45 minutes, probably an hour including the time updating the unit.

I went with the 87 tune for now. Then went for a drive and could tell the difference right away. Now I don't feel like I have to push the gas pedal down so much just to keep up with traffic, or get it going. The shift points are 1000x better than stock. Drivability is so much better now.

Its going to be hard for me to compare gas milage, since my 35s should be here this week. I might try and hold off installing them for one full tank just so I can compare mpgs but no promises lol. Ive always reset the trip meter on the dash every time I fill the tank which is usually at 300 miles. So that's how i'll compare for this next tank of gas...

Initial impression: Awesome!
Old 10-08-2014, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear it worked out for ya!

Anyone know if the OP is also an Auto? This may be why i'm the only one who noticed the major difference in the gas pedal. As if i barely touch it and it goes to 25% throttle immediately causing jerkiness. I have a 6SPD.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't forget to get the TPMS Off Road package through the SPARK updater.... Then plug it in to your rig and go to "other settings" (i think that's what it's called) and then click on TPMS OFF ROAD and turn that ON... that will get rid of your pesky TPMS light for good!

If the jerkiness is too much, you can change the pedal settings to either stock, moderate or SUPERCHIPS... I'm pretty sure 87 octane defaults to SUPERCHIPS, which is a little more aggressive and "jerky" .... I've heard "moderate" takes away some of the jerk... I'm used to it, so I just left mine on SUPERCHIPS.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Space Monkey
Good to hear it worked out for ya!

Anyone know if the OP is also an Auto? This may be why i'm the only one who noticed the major difference in the gas pedal. As if i barely touch it and it goes to 25% throttle immediately causing jerkiness. I have a 6SPD.
I am indeed in an auto.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ouroborus2012
Don't forget to get the TPMS Off Road package through the SPARK updater.... Then plug it in to your rig and go to "other settings" (i think that's what it's called) and then click on TPMS OFF ROAD and turn that ON... that will get rid of your pesky TPMS light for good!
I could only change it to 22psi. So I updated via Spark. I'm going to poke around this weekend on TPMS OFF ROAD setup.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a side note...does anyone know what the "upgrade"'costs are to turn a FlashCal into a FlashPac? I am getting my FlashCal delivered today with my other parts, and I'm one of those nerdy types that like to plan. So I have already printed all the installation manuals and stuff. In the FlashCal manual it says the updating process will end with an option to upgrade the FlashCal to a FlashPac by buying the software.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
I could only change it to 22psi. So I updated via Spark. I'm going to poke around this weekend on TPMS OFF ROAD setup.
Yup, that's the lowest.... Once you go and turn ON the "TPMS Offroad", you'll no longer be able to adjust the tire pressure setpoint... it'll just be OFF. Your light will be gone as well, which is a good thing!
Old 10-10-2014, 02:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I downloaded the tpms off road package from the sspark updater and I don't see it anywhere on the flashpaq. Is there a new update or something?
I bought the flashpaq mainly for that reason (amount other things) , and it doesn't even get rid of the tpms light.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Cool...I'll dork around with it this weekend and dig to see how to do that. I'll post back if no one else does before me!

Quick Reply: My thoughts on the Superchips 3872