Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My thoughts on the Superchips 3872

Old 10-10-2014, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah let me know what happens.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
I downloaded the tpms off road package from the sspark updater and I don't see it anywhere on the flashpaq. Is there a new update or something?
I bought the flashpaq mainly for that reason (amount other things) , and it doesn't even get rid of the tpms light.
It was a pain in the ass for me too... So, here's how it finally worked for me. I downloaded the update through the SPARK updater and then unhooked the flashpaq from the computer and shut down SPARK. I then reopened SPARK and hooked the flashpaq back up and i'm assuming it "installed" at that point. Then I hooked it up to the Jeep and it was there.

Now, using it is a bit confusing. The "TPMS OFF ROAD" setting is not within the "TUNE" section. On the main screen, you need to scroll down to "other settings" or some shit. I can't remember exactly what it was called. Anyway, you'll get a whole list of options, one of which is TPMS OFF ROAD. Once you click that, your choices are simply ON or OFF. That's a bit confusing too, but you need to set it to ON. It's gonna tell you that setting is for off road use only, but that's just legal jargon I guess.... That IS the setting that absolutely turns OFF your TPMS light.

So, in short.... Go to setting and Set TPMS OFF ROAD to ON.

That interface could definitely be a hair easier.... but, it works!
Old 10-11-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, I just did that. Exactly what you said, and now it works. Thanks! The light warning doesn't come on. But the menu screen on the dash comes up and shows 0 psi for each tire and says check tpms then it goes away. I wish that wouldn't come up at all. I have to hit the compass button for it to go back to telling me the direction and temp. But at least it doesn't chime at me and have the annoying light.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2014, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

If you are still having trouble with the jerkiness, try changing the throttle response from the max to something medium.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't say my jeep "jerks". But between shifts (automatic) it seems like the tranny can't make up its mind and goes back and forth between downshift and upshift a couple times real fast. Mostly just when going up a hill.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got the tpms off road updated into the device. Had to do it a million times to figure out that the "check out" for the download is case sensitive for the email and I wasn't using an uppercase for the first letter since that's the way my email was when I registered it on there. The weird thing is that every time I typed it in incorrectly it still showed it would be updated next time I plug it in and it never would. So the last time I used the uppercase letter and it actually updated into the device. Hope it makes sense and it helps some of you in the future.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:03 AM
JK Freak

I've got to do this. Even changing the TPMS to 22psi, I aired down to about 25 this past weekend and got the light.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

I did this on my 2014 rubi manual with my 35s my 6th gear was useless with 410s after the 87 tune the Jeep woke up, yesterday I went off roading I wanted to test the crawl setting on my flashpaq all I can say is I hate that setting

Right off the bat I know it's for use with 4low but after I put the tube right away I noticed the Jeep had 0 power in 2wheel drive then I thought OK might be really nice in 4low so when I went in to 4low I could still feel it being sluggish, then I thought maybe it will show its colors if I'm going up a steep hill I got to a set hill and my jeep was revival in to the 4k range I shifted to 2nd gear and in the middle of the dam hill it was strugging to keep rpms and I stalled I reset my jeep and started to climb in first gear at this point I was on a really big climb then it stalled on me in first gear.

The first chance I got I reset my jeep to the 87 eco tune and every thing was back to normal climbed that hill again in 3rd gear with no problems.

Another thing I have noticed about the flashpaq was I tied the Rev limiter when I came to air up and the Jeep won't hold the revs up when I higher the rpms the Jeep starts to Rev up then it drops down to idle so I'm not sure why my jeep does this any one have any problems with this setting
Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
Cool...I'll dork around with it this weekend and dig to see how to do that. I'll post back if no one else does before me!
LOL, I haven't heard (or read) someone use the phrase, " I'll dork around with it" in a looooong time.

I'm at the office rolling on the ground.

thanks

Ernie
Old 10-21-2014, 09:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another heads up for those who are going disable the tpms system: Disable it while you're tpms are still on the jeep. Or else you will have a warning on each start up which can get annoying, it shows the 0 tire pressure on all 4 corners. You just have to push the menu button on the steering wheel and it will be gone till the next start up.

I drove the jeep on the new wheels without the tpms before successfully disabling the system, so a warning msg came up and the tuner cannot get rid of it.

I had to remove my new wheels and 35s today, mount up the stockers, enable the tpms again so that it can read that the tires have good air pressure drive a couple miles till it registered. Pulled over, disabled the tpms, remove the stocker, and throw on the new wheels again. Very time consuming and rather annoying to get that warning off, well worth it though.

Quick Reply: My thoughts on the Superchips 3872