Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with picking an exhaust....

Old 03-20-2014, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with picking an exhaust....

So I was running a Gibson dual exhaust (aluminzed steel) for a year and a half and I got rear ended a few days ago....jeep is totally 100% fine but the exhaust hangers on the mufflers bent so I need a new one... the Gibson isn't that old but is already fairly rusty so I was think of going with the same one and painting it black.... or going with the stainless version.... or trying the dynomax 39510 super turbo muffler since its on sale for just under $150 on amazon... I would love that one but I dont want to get an exhaust that sounds a lot quiter or anything and plus since its so much cheaper it gives me extra money for some other new jeep accesories :P so what are your thoughts....anyone run that dynomax one before?
Old 03-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by deertick
So I was running a Gibson dual exhaust (aluminzed steel) for a year and a half and I got rear ended a few days ago....jeep is totally 100% fine but the exhaust hangers on the mufflers bent so I need a new one... the Gibson isn't that old but is already fairly rusty so I was think of going with the same one and painting it black.... or going with the stainless version.... or trying the dynomax 39510 super turbo muffler since its on sale for just under $150 on amazon... I would love that one but I dont want to get an exhaust that sounds a lot quiter or anything and plus since its so much cheaper it gives me extra money for some other new jeep accesories :P so what are your thoughts....anyone run that dynomax one before?
My recommendation with Exhaust is always to look on youtube. If the manufacturer doesn't provide sound clips for your application, someone else usually does. This will give you a good idea of what it'll sound like and you'll usually find a review as well. Some of our exhaust systems on the site have reviews about sound. Let me know if you have any questions at all or if I can get you a quote!

-Ryan
Old 03-20-2014, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Some videos of mine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=134vSwMlPsg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmtpydMpLcE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rF-26db0I
Old 03-20-2014, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Here's mine check it out flowmaster super 44 with 3.8L

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rAZcFzOjlio
Old 03-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deertick
Check out 39528 too. This one is SS all the way around. The 39510 has an aluminized muffler with a SS cover.
And don't forget about the rebate.

DynoMax® Performance Exhaust Spring Promotion

Namtaru I forgot you did those.

Quick Reply: Need help with picking an exhaust....