Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 07 Magnaflow Exhaust at 4wd.com

Old 12-24-2006, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 07 Magnaflow Exhaust at 4wd.com

It is listed on the 4wd.com website but not Magnaflow. Anyone have details. Is it actually out yet. http://www.4wd.com/search.aspx?q=magnaflow%20jk
Old 12-25-2006, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

WOW! What a price! $475?? If thats what they're gonna be charging then i highly recommend doing to a local custom exhaust shop and picking out whatever muffler you want and having them do it. You wont pay more than 500 that way. Quite a few people on this forum have done just that (including myself) and are extreamly happy with the results.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Magnaflow is pretty pricey accross the line but I believe that you'll find that its worth the money, they put alot of R&D into making sure their exhaust systems are top of the line and have perfect fit and the right amount of backpressure. All magnaflows also meet 50 state sound requirements... i've owned 2 of their systems on other cars, and the JK will be my 3rd.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Im just saying that if you went to your local performance exhaust shop, they could order you that magnaflow muffler without the jk specific pipes and make you some pipes and position the muffler wherever you want it. You would have the same system for half the price. Mine cost $500 but i have true dual exhaust, if i would have gone with the single magnaflow system it would have been $250. Magnaflow is great and i personaly think its the best choice for a jk, both in the power and sound department, but if you piece a custom magnaflow system its half as cheap as the prefab kit.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Default Shheeesh!

There's a sucker born every minute - P.T. Barnum
Some folks would rather just have someone do it for them.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Will your shop mandrel bend piping? i dont know any around here that do....

also, all the shops around here use aluminized steel, magnaflow kits are all stainless... might not matter to you, but to me it does...
Old 12-25-2006, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Mandrel bending keeps the diameter of the pipe constiant through the bend reducing backpressure up to 35%. 1BadJK has a thread on here with dyno numbers proving that you get better numbers out of the 3.8 with more backpressure. Mandrel bending or standard bending you're only going to be =/- a few horses. So therefore the only issue to me would be alluminized or stainless pipes. Most shops will offer you that choice. And you're looking at a cat back system. (only new pipe from the catalytic converters back. And im pretty sure that pipe is alluminized. So you're only gonna have half a stainless system. Bringing me to my point. I personally do not think that its worth $250 more just for a few horses. Who knows, with the jk liking the backpressure you might even lose a few horses with the mandrel bent pipes. Also you would only have half a stainless system. I would rather spend half the money for the same thing =/- a few horses. We're not building drag racers here. You could never tell the difference in a few horses / ft/lbs of torque. Id spend half that $500 and also have the satisfaction of helping out a local guy with mouths to feed. Sorry bout the book guys, but thats just my .02
Old 12-25-2006, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if the custom shop puts out the hp/torque as the cat back magna flow but i have a magna flow that just replaced the stock muffler,ericdewayne
has true duel magna flow and i think we have a read 1badjk post's and we are all happy with the power gains so it might be more a question of price and personal preface none of us have done bad and i do not think we can really compare results short of dyno testing.so if some one get the cat back from magna flow thats a little more info for the next guy.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

i second that. I would like to see some feedback. So far 1badjk has the only true dyno results. I would love to see if theres a difference with the prefab kit. It just seems a lot of money for basicly the same gains.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Well for me, replacing the stock muffler with a Magnaflow was $185 installed. Better mileage, better sound, aand I think better power, but it hasn't been dyno-ed. The magnaflow kit won't be available until Middle of February (I talked to magnaflow a couple weeks ago), which was time I didn't want to wait. Also, the muffler I got has a lifetime warranty, and the guy said he would warrant the ~2ft of pipe he did from the axle back as well. So who cares if it is aluminized steel. I have a limited budget for upgrades, and that means I can get something else sooner as well. My decsision was a no-brainer, but YMMV. Merry Christmas!

Quick Reply: New 07 Magnaflow Exhaust at 4wd.com