Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bushwacker Bug Deflector & Tailgate Protector.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Bushwacker Bug Deflector & Tailgate Protector.

Has anyone purchased the new Bushwacker hood and tailgate protector? I can't find a close-up picture of the hood protector, but from what I can see, it appears to fit very well? They want $140.00 as a set which seems kind of steep. Just curious about the quality, and fit?
Thanks!
Old 04-01-2015, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How "New" is the design? my '12 had the set currently on Bushwacker's website when i picked it up in December. Both are turning white/light gray. The double sided tape is coming off both. I ended up ripping the bug guard off the other day. Now i need to get the rest of the double sided tape off the hood. Lots of dirt and sand was trapped underneath. I'm leaking the tailgate protector on for now. If it was me, i'd skip on them. Put some sort of clear bra material on them if you are too worried.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm about to pull the trigger on these. The material is "Dura-Flex 2000 TPO" which is supposed to be 100% UV protected and won't chalk. If I remember correctly I read that their flat fender flares are made using the same material and I haven't read any complaints about those fading yet. Personally, I really like the hood protector and love that I don't have to drill holes to mount it. I took a rock to the front of my hood; I think i'll repair the chip and put these on to keep it from happening again.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

I love my hood protector but didn't like the tailgate protector. It only lasted about a week before I removed it. You really need two people to install the hood protector (but could be just me).
Old 04-05-2015, 04:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newjkman
Has anyone purchased the new Bushwacker hood and tailgate protector? I can't find a close-up picture of the hood protector, but from what I can see, it appears to fit very well? They want $140.00 as a set which seems kind of steep. Just curious about the quality, and fit?
Thanks!
Don't know about new, however I installed a set on our 07JKU back in March 2010 and it's still in place looking great, with no problems. I've read a few posts about fading and the tape not holding. Prior to installing mine I wiped down the area with alcohol and it's still a tight fit today. As far as fading. Not mine however I maintain all rubber plastic pieces with Turtlewax ice and a coat of Aerospace 303 protectant.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone know if you can just buy the rear protector? I want to hide couple of whammos along the top edge of the gate. However, I can only seem to find them as a set.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had mine on for 4+ yrs and still holding good. Rear never fit perfect but still holding strong.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:15 PM
JK Junkie

Maybe this will help you

http://youtu.be/2eeVwyGWRAk
Old 04-06-2015, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Hskr4x4, that is what I wanted to see! I will be getting a set now that I have seen your video. I appreciate you posting thanks again!!!
Old 04-06-2015, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Not my video, just came across it after I saw post

Quick Reply: New Bushwacker Bug Deflector & Tailgate Protector.