Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to JK Forum....have a question regarding tire rub

Old 02-19-2017, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to JK Forum....have a question regarding tire rub

Hi, this is my first time posting in here and I am only doing so because I can't seem to find the answer anywhere else.
I have a '14 2-door Willy's JK. I just recently moved to the Houston, Texas area and took full advantage of their lack of tire coverage laws and removed my fenders completely. I just ordered 18x9.5 Black Rhino Armory wheels, also the reason I went with 18x9 is because I installed the MOPAR big break kit and although the stock 17" wheels fit believe it or not the balancing weights rubbed and i just didnt want to have to deal with that again so I went an inch larger. The new wheels have a -18 offset and from my calculations a 4.5413" back space. My question is, can I run 35x12.5 tires without rub on the sway bar linkage or any of that jazz at full turn? I'm assuming because I have no fenders and a 1.25" body lift i should be clear for travel up and down as I don't off road yet while I save for a lift. I'd rather not put wheel spacers on to create the clearance for the 12.5" tire. Looking for people who are running 35" tires on aftermarket wheels.

Thanks

Last edited by jbyers4488; 02-20-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

I'm kind of interested in this as well. This is one of the wheels I'm considering purchasing. I have 35's on my JK right now with some chrome wheels that were on it when I bought it. Not sure of the backspacing on them and I have Teraflex budget boost on it.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Well I'll let you know. Ordered my tires last week should be here any day now.

Quick Reply: New to JK Forum....have a question regarding tire rub