Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member setup questions.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yep, good price. The problem he was bringing up is - what happens when they close? Or you break down while on a road trip? Or that service manager leaves? Any other dealership has the option of pointing out that it was not installed from the factory, and tell you to go pound sand. And with nothing in writing, the installing dealership can even say the same thing if you catch them on a bad day.

Not saying they will try to screw you on warranty work, just that many others have found it to be the case...
Old 08-11-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member setup questions.

I'm sure it's been answered but I don't feel like reading through. I have the 2.5 coil lift with tf shocks. After adding the lod front bumper, winch, rear bumper etc... I only lost about .5-1" all around. A set of tf spacers fixed that.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Can't change my mind now.

Okay I finally decided on a set-up, and to make sure I stay decided on said set-up I ordered it. So my new buddy Stan at northridge4x4.ca hooked me up with a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with shock adapters and spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers. He helped me out with some prices as well and was really helpful. Props to Dave at northridge4x4.com who also helped out with some questions. I should receive the lift next Thursday or Friday, and will try to get some before and after photos. I will be running this on my 265/75/R16 MT's and then upgrading to 33's later (either when they wear out or untill I can't take it anymore and want bigger). My original plans of leaving it stock and not lifting it have gone right out the window now it seems. Just need to wait and see if adjustable front track bar and front lower control arms will be neccesary. Also need to hurry up and decide on a winch it kills me to have to drive around a mud hole.

http://http://www.northridge4x4.ca/p...ax-spacers.jpg

http://www.northridge4x4.ca/proddeta...SPIDER-WHS-010

Word on the street seems that I shouldn't bother with the rear track bar bracket either so at this point it's not going on.

Last edited by bobbyspaghetti; 08-11-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobbyspaghetti
Okay I finally decided on a set-up, and to make sure I stay decided on said set-up I ordered it. So my new buddy Stan at northridge4x4.ca hooked me up with a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with shock adapters and spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers. He helped me out with some prices as well and was really helpful. Props to Dave at northridge4x4.com who also helped out with some questions. I should receive the lift next Thursday or Friday, and will try to get some before and after photos. I will be running this on my 265/75/R16 MT's and then upgrading to 33's later (either when they wear out or untill I can't take it anymore and want bigger). My original plans of leaving it stock and not lifting it have gone right out the window now it seems. Just need to wait and see if adjustable front track bar and front lower control arms will be neccesary. Also need to hurry up and decide on a winch it kills me to have to drive around a mud hole.

[IMG]http://www.northridge4x4.ca/prodimages/TF-1351200.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.northridge4x4.ca/prodimag...ax-spacers.jpg[/IMG]
Sounds like a great set up! I think you will be happy with the TF 2.5
Old 08-11-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Yep, good price. The problem he was bringing up is - what happens when they close? Or you break down while on a road trip? Or that service manager leaves? Any other dealership has the option of pointing out that it was not installed from the factory, and tell you to go pound sand. And with nothing in writing, the installing dealership can even say the same thing if you catch them on a bad day.

Not saying they will try to screw you on warranty work, just that many others have found it to be the case...
Point well taken..... I guess I'll have keep my fingers crossed!!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny4652
Point well taken..... I guess I'll have keep my fingers crossed!!!!
I've lucked up with mine too, T'case rebuilt,few weeks later, Tcase replaced while having 35's, 5.13's, frt lockright , aftermarket ds, etc. I brought them pizza, donuts and beer every week though. Bad part is what nthinuf said.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default The suspense is killing me

So the northridge order should be here thursday or friday, and today I ordered my Warn M8000. So excited to put all this stuff on! Winch is about 2 weeks away due to shipping and my holiday schedule. Got a good deal as far as I am concerned thoe for being in northern Canada. Found a national 4 wheel drive distribuitor in town so should have easy access to parts now
Old 08-19-2010, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Install Q's

So the TF 2.5" Coil kit should be here either today or tomorrow. Trying to do some home work before hand. Should a person install the rear track bar relocation bracket? Seems like a lot of people have not. What are the reasons for this? Perhaps David or the teraflex rep. have some thoughts?
Old 08-20-2010, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Question Well half done

Got the rear springs, etc, installed from the lift kit last night. No major problems minus the fact that almost every bolt in the teraflex kit is an odd ball metric socket that most kits are not outfitted with. It appears that teraflex has changed the style of the rear sway bar links in this kit and didn't bother to update the instructions. The new links are more like the stock ones now as they have no grease nipples (or holes for nipples) and the top mount (sway bar side) has a ball joint style fastener very similar to the stock link's. Just have to torque up the rear when I get off work and install one more shock and shock adaptor as well as the brake line brackets. Then on to the front coil install as well as the spider traxx's. So if everything goes right I should be done tonight.

Just to bump this up and to clear things up, who has chosen not to install the rear track bar relocate bracket? David at northridge advised against installing it so at this point it's staying off.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bump;

Someone must have some thoughts on the track bar bracket.

Quick Reply: New Member setup questions.