Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto mud grapples or BFG km2?

Old 12-11-2016, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
I'd pass on the mud graps - go with a AT tire like others have noted if you're doing a lot of DD and mild trails. Unless you want to sound like you're driving a 4-prop airplane on the freeway. I can usually hear them on the guy next to me over my tires when driving my jeep on the highway

Though I do have 40k on my km2's with lots of life left. I should get 55k out of them. They're lighter than most tires but not as heavy duty as others (sidewall). I'm on my 3rd set and have never had a problem with them but I'm planning on trying something different next.
I don't mind the noise, I actually kinda like it.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

I like the aggressive look of both of them. I'm not going for just looks though. I will use these tires off road as much as I can.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you looked at Pitbulls.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm on my second set of 305 70 r16 km2 and I have no complaints. They are on the highway a lot and I go pretty fast at 80mph. We don't have much weather but they work great for me in baja and don't puncture on the sharp lava rocks ever. They have seen plenty of those sticking out of the sand.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
Have you looked at Pitbulls.
A little out of my price range
Old 12-11-2016, 03:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by No401(J)K
A little out of my price range
They were close to the price of the mud grapplers last i looked.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've gone through a couple of sets of KM2s and really like them but I have to travel so far now to get off road I will probably put KO2s on this one too
Old 12-11-2016, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not look at the Trail Grapplers or the ridge Grapplers? Mud Grapplers are great if you plan to use them frequently in deep mud but if you drive highway often you may want a less aggressive tire. The KM2 is more similar to the Trail Grapplers than the mud Grapplers. I have had both KM2 and Trail Grapplers and prefer the Nitto. I am now running the ridge Grapplers and they are the best tire I have owned. Run great on rocks, mud and highway.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by phljeeper
Why not look at the Trail Grapplers or the ridge Grapplers? Mud Grapplers are great if you plan to use them frequently in deep mud but if you drive highway often you may want a less aggressive tire. The KM2 is more similar to the Trail Grapplers than the mud Grapplers. I have had both KM2 and Trail Grapplers and prefer the Nitto. I am now running the ridge Grapplers and they are the best tire I have owned. Run great on rocks, mud and highway.
Ridge grappler is a pretty nice tire.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would steer towards the KM2 or K02/Ridge Grappler as the weight difference alone will make a difference in performance and mpg on a daily driver.

Quick Reply: Nitto mud grapples or BFG km2?