Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil filter sanwich plate

Old 09-02-2014, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question oil filter sanwich plate

Hey guys I hope this is in the correct spot im just in a bit of a pinch here, I needed to install an oil pressure guage and bought a sandwich adapter, but it seems to be one specifically for an oil cooler with only the outtake and intake. I had to put a loop of hose with a few brass fittings as to not block oil flow will this work or is this going to be a problem?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140902_183044.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	574170  
Old 09-02-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vielfras
Hey guys I hope this is in the correct spot im just in a bit of a pinch here, I needed to install an oil pressure guage and bought a sandwich adapter, but it seems to be one specifically for an oil cooler with only the outtake and intake. I had to put a loop of hose with a few brass fittings as to not block oil flow will this work or is this going to be a problem?
I'm thinking it's going to bounce around, maybe get caught on something.

Glow shift makes what you want for $30 http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oil-f...15-thread.aspx

Note, make sure you get the right adapter for the jeep, that link is just to get you to the site.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the one that fits the 3.8 is the GS-AF2 3/4inch unf-16 (but confirm that)

Last edited by Jiblet; 09-02-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Hmm ok I was afraid of it bouncing around or getting caught. what if I took it to the shop and just put a few holes right through the adapter so its like the glowshift one, as long as I clean it up good and leave no shavings behind would that work? Could eliminate all the hoses then and Glowshift wont ship to canada last time I tried to order from them. :(
Old 09-02-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Can't you just plug one of the holes and adapt the other to the thread size of your sender? Does it require flow in and out of the adapter?
Post the make and model of the sandwich adapter.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Can't you just plug one of the holes and adapt the other to the thread size of your sender? Does it require flow in and out of the adapter?
Post the make and model of the sandwich adapter.

I was going to plug it but it requres flow in and out this is the one I got Canton Racing Oil Cooler Sandwich Adapters 22-545 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing
Old 09-02-2014, 06:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

I was going to plug it but it requres flow in and out this is the one I got Canton Racing Oil Cooler Sandwich Adapters 22-545 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing
I see. The Glowshift adapter linked above is specifically designed for sensor installation, which can be a dead end.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

I see. The Glowshift adapter linked above is specifically designed for sensor installation, which can be a dead end.
Dead end im not sure what you mean there? Would I be better off with just a Y adapter where the stock sending unit is and leaving the filter alone?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Dead end im not sure what you mean there? Would I be better off with just a Y adapter where the stock sending unit is and leaving the filter alone?
Dead end means the oil can push on the sender without having to flow through anything to be returned to the adapter.
The sandwich adapter is the easiest and quickest way to install your pressure sender.
It is possible to install a tee under the stock oil pressure switch, and it's probably the best way to do it. But, it's harder to get to, as it's in pretty close quarters.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Dead end means the oil can push on the sender without having to flow through anything to be returned to the adapter.
The sandwich adapter is the easiest and quickest way to install your pressure sender.
It is possible to install a tee under the stock oil pressure switch, and it's probably the best way to do it. But, it's harder to get to, as it's in pretty close quarters.
Ohh ok well I'll probably just put a T with the stock sending unit if thats best, I have the whole front end taken apart right now so this would be the opportunity for it.

I really appreciate the input im kinda new to the jeep scene lol.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

Ohh ok well I'll probably just put a T with the stock sending unit if thats best, I have the whole front end taken apart right now so this would be the opportunity for it.

I really appreciate the input im kinda new to the jeep scene lol.
Please post some pictures of the switch before the install, and the switch/tee/sender after the install.

Quick Reply: oil filter sanwich plate