Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil/trans skid plates

Old 11-26-2015, 04:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil/trans skid plates

So, last Saturday at URE. There was a JK that had a small stump catch and break his transmission line. It got me thinking about transmission and oil pan skids! What do you have or interested in? I am liking the Rock hard system so far.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Rockhard setup like it a lot , just got their gas tank skid to but haven't installed it yet.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the price, I like the EVO setup (oil pan, trans, crossmembers and exhaust crossover). Rock hard doesn't cover the crossmember and you'll take that out eventually.

For a full system, the artec aluminum is cool, but just saw the new metalcloak system and it looks bad ass.

Personally, I don't think a gas tank skid is worth it and the factory t case skid is solid. Just cover the front parts.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. I have the evo set up from the crossmember forward. It's stout and the price is right, I'm very happy with it and my factory tcase and tank skids.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

EVO setup has worked well for me. Factory gas tank skid is dented but serving its purpose well.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've run both the EVO setup and the Rock Hard. Current Jeep has the Rock Hard on it. Like it better. It covers enough of the crossmember and in the middle so its effective there as well.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TxJeepers
I've run both the EVO setup and the Rock Hard. Current Jeep has the Rock Hard on it. Like it better. It covers enough of the crossmember and in the middle so its effective there as well.
Not many rocks in TX? I've seen many crossmembers trashed where the rock hard doesn't cover. I do like the rock hard design better, but something needs to protect the rest of the crossmember. Personally, I'd just cut some 3/16" steel to cover what rock hard doesn't, weld together and boom, perfect skid.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the EVO setup also. Glad I went that route although I've bent up my cross bar skid enough now that I'll probably need to replace it soon.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another for protec, but you cant use the EVO with exhaust spacers. So keep that in mind.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Another for the EVO, it does the job. Maybe not the most robust skid, but it protects the vitals. After a few years the crossmember skid is beat up, but the engine and transmission skids are like new.

Quick Reply: Oil/trans skid plates