Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OME Lift - reverse rake?

Old 09-01-2014, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OME Lift - reverse rake?

Hey guys! I just installed an OME lift that I bought from a local jeeper and can't decide if it is sagging in back or not. The rock rails measure damn near identical front and back but the fenders do not. I don't know if they should be or not.

Spring numbers are:
OME617
OME619

Is it just my imagination or is the back lower? Is the hard top to blame?

Also, I added some Teraflex bump stop extensions and it seems like it would bottom out on some road bumps at speed.

Last edited by Mr. Incredible; 09-01-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:31 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

If you are running stock tire size you do not need any additional bump stop.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If you are running stock tire size you do not need any additional bump stop.
is it healthy for the coil to be fully collapsed? Only reason I ask is my buddy without bump stops and stock tires ends up fully collapsing his coils I was looking at it when fully flexed and told him he needed bump stops but if that is not an issue I will tell him. there was plenty of space fender wise but the coils were completely squished.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
Hey guys! I just installed an OME lift that I bought from a local jeeper and can't decide if it is sagging in back or not. The rock rails measure damn near identical front and back but the fenders do not. I don't know if they should be or not.

Spring numbers are:
OME617
OME619

Is it just my imagination or is the back lower? Is the hard top to blame?

Also, I added some Teraflex bump stop extensions and it seems like it would bottom out on some road bumps at speed.
measuring lower edge of fenders my fronts are taller then rear. Measuring rock rails the front is about 1/2" lower then the rear. Mine looks about like yours to the naked eye. Running a level on the rock rail shows it level.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default OME Lift - reverse rake?

I don't plan on running the stock tires for much longer. Planning ahead! Besides w/o the rear bump stop the OME track bar bracket smashes the right rear shock.

Last edited by Mr. Incredible; 09-01-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:25 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by jadmt
is it healthy for the coil to be fully collapsed? Only reason I ask is my buddy without bump stops and stock tires ends up fully collapsing his coils I was looking at it when fully flexed and told him he needed bump stops but if that is not an issue I will tell him. there was plenty of space fender wise but the coils were completely squished.

Depends on the coil but in most cases you don't want to fully bottom out the coils. Shocks will aslo require bumpstops if they are longer then stock. Forgot to mention that.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:33 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

You should raise that track bar on the axle side at least 3" for a more stable and improved ride. It may solve the bar hitting the shock as well.

Did you check your brake lines for travel at full droop? I see you are still running stock ones.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Track bar relocation bracket is OME on the frame side.

Back to the question, anyone think it looks lower in back or am I crazy?
Old 09-01-2014, 05:26 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
This is the pic I sent to ARB USA asking that question. They forwarded it to the head engineer at ARB Australia. He stated that you will not harm OME coils by fully compressing them, but did suggest that you should bumpstop to keep it from happening. I can't find the email now, but he added a bunch of numbers to prove that whatever metal they use is up to the task.
Click image for larger version

Name:	JK 005.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	574027
Old 09-01-2014, 05:30 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
Back to the question, anyone think it looks lower in back or am I crazy?
Doesn't matter what we think or whether it is or isn't. What matters is what you think. If you think you need to raise the rear a bit, add spacers.

For me, I was talked into HD coils up front (bumper and winch) and MD coils in back (stock bumper). The rear MD coils sagged very noticeably. Added an extra 1/4" to the rear, then they sagged again. Not really noticeable when I had the chopped factory flares on, but I can see it with the soft top and un-cut flares, and it is very noticeable with the hard top and un-cut flares.

Quick Reply: OME Lift - reverse rake?