Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OME Lift - reverse rake?

Old 09-01-2014, 06:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
This is the pic I sent to ARB USA asking that question. They forwarded it to the head engineer at ARB Australia. He stated that you will not harm OME coils by fully compressing them, but did suggest that you should bumpstop to keep it from happening. I can't find the email now, but he added a bunch of numbers to prove that whatever metal they use is up to the task.
Attachment 574027
seems like reason enough to run bump stops even with stock tires to me.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks perfect. Nice stance with the front where it should be. If you want the back a little higher only go 0.5 or 1 inch higher.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It appears you are running the HD coils up front and the SD coils in the back. I have HD (618 & 619) 2.5 OME all the way around. Are you running a steel bumper in the rear? If so, you'll see some sag. My HD coils don't sag much at all and I'm running steel everything (Gobi rack, PJ rear bumper with a 35 on it, skid plates, and LOD rockers...with that said, it looks fine.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's funny you mentioned that because I was just on the northridge website and ran out to double check that I have the spring numbers right. Sure enough HDs in front and SDs in rear. Stock bumpers though front and back.

I guess that's what I get for buying used and not checking the stuff carefully. It didn't help that I had only had the Jeep for a couple weeks so I wasn't quite as versed in JKU parts and what to look for.

Quick Reply: OME Lift - reverse rake?