Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Rear tire carrier

Old 03-22-2015, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at the ACE Eng. rear bumper and really like it, but has anyone installed this bumper AND the third brake light? Is there a bracket kit for it? It doesn't seem like the originale will do the trick. Maybe a plate?
Old 03-23-2015, 03:47 AM
JK Newbie

I found a bracket that looks compatible with most on bumper tire carriers.

3rd Brake Light Bracket - Adjustable with LED Light

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it?
Old 03-23-2015, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Evad
I was looking at the ACE Eng. rear bumper and really like it, but has anyone installed this bumper AND the third brake light? Is there a bracket kit for it? It doesn't seem like the originale will do the trick. Maybe a plate?
They sell a relocation kit with third brake light, which is what I use. I am very happy with it.

Gallery
Old 03-23-2015, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

I have one of the ebay rear bumpers with tire carrier. I bought mine from a seller called 4wd-offroad and paid 480 shipped to the house. The bumper and carrier arrived in perfect condition and were adequately packed. It was shipped from California and made it to North Carolina unscathed. The bumper fit perfectly and all holes lined up without issues. I was more than impressed with the quality of the welds, powdercoat and overall construction. For 480 bucks I can't imagine a better product is out there. This seller does not have any bumpers on ebay right now but the same bumper can be found from other sellers for about 500 - 550 bucks. There are "reputable" companies out there that sell this same bumper branded with their company name for upwards of 700 dollars. I do want to note that the swing out tire carrier does NOT have bearings, its just a greasable metal sleve riding on a solid steel anchor point.

Bang for the buck, I suggest this type bumper.

07 15 Jeep JK Wrangler Heavy Duty Rock Crawler Rear Bumper Tire Carrier Handle | eBay
Old 03-23-2015, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

I also want to add I carry around a 35 without any squeaks or rattles. Love this bumper.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found a bracket that looks compatible with most on bumper tire carriers.

3rd Brake Light Bracket - Adjustable with LED Light

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it?
Take a look at ours for a lower cost option https://teraflex.com/shop_items/5327...42cb68c208e17e
Old 03-23-2015, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm also looking at the ACE set up. I love the look and design of it, the thing that kills me is the weight. 190 lbs.!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

i had the smittybilt xrc, it was ok, but would rattle and make all kinds of noises. I was looking at the genright, but since adding the offroad evo armor, i dont think it would work with the new location of the taillights.
I like the offroad evo tire carrier, but can't see spending $1000 on just a tire carrier.

Now im looking at the crawler conceptz body mounted tire carrier, for the price, its hard to beat, and it will hold my 42" irok
Old 03-23-2015, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible

I'm also looking at the ACE set up. I love the look and design of it, the thing that kills me is the weight. 190 lbs.!!!

I just ditched my Shittybilt rear bumper and Tire carrier for the Ace Engineering bumper and carrier and LOVE it! Great construction, great fitment, every single bolt lined up and installed the whole thing by myself an a short period of time....
Old 03-24-2015, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got s smittybuilt xrc rear bumper/carrier circa 2010. Solid, heavy duty, good angles and does not squeak or rattle at all.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Rear tire carrier