Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0108 code? Stupid valet idiot

Old 12-16-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always reset my trip meter to zero when I drop a vehicle with a valet. I also flip it to another display too, so it's not obvious. It should always show something, but shouldn't be more than a couple 1/10ths of a mile. If it displays more than that, or was reset to zero again, the Valet has some explaining to do! Keeps them honest!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadmt
mine warms up pretty fast on the temp gauge. was your gas level the same when you picked it up vs when you dropped off? how about your ave mpg? if left idling all day that should be way down.
Just checked my mpg and it says 11.2 wtf?? Its never that low. Its always around 17-21. And I forgot to check how much gas I had. But I did feel if up on my way home because the gas light went on.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

For it to drop that low, the jeep must have been idling for a long time.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by vitodivita
For it to drop that low, the jeep must have been idling for a long time.
It must have. I mean I don't care anymore since the light hasn't came back on, but will never use valet again. This is the 2nd incident with valet here in Denver. I work at a place where we have valet as well. I hear some crazy stories. I should know better
Old 12-16-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

People have reported that code, and often an ETC light, from extended idling.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

and thats why i dont valet my jeep
Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

One of the reasons I OWN a jeep is so I don't have to worry about things like a valet driving it. They are supposed to be tough, right? My '13 has had the light illuminate twice in the first 150 miles. Dealer checked it out, reset it, no worries. All new vehicles (not just Jeeps) tend to have stuff like that happen during break-in as 02 sensors, etc get themselves sorted. I feel sorry for the valet.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ptarnuzzer
I always reset my trip meter to zero when I drop a vehicle with a valet. I also flip it to another display too, so it's not obvious. It should always show something, but shouldn't be more than a couple 1/10ths of a mile. If it displays more than that, or was reset to zero again, the Valet has some explaining to do! Keeps them honest!
Valets know this trick, believe me, and will just reset it again at the appropriate point. That said, my company uses valet services routinely and those are good gigs for the parking attendants. It's not like the "old days" when joyriding customer cars was commonplace. These guys make good coin for easy work and don't want to jeopardize their jobs.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tommyfogarty
One of the reasons I OWN a jeep is so I don't have to worry about things like a valet driving it. They are supposed to be tough, right? My '13 has had the light illuminate twice in the first 150 miles. Dealer checked it out, reset it, no worries. All new vehicles (not just Jeeps) tend to have stuff like that happen during break-in as 02 sensors, etc get themselves sorted. I feel sorry for the valet.
No need to feel sorry for the valet. I stoped and asked him nicely if anything had happened because my light was on. He right away got snotty and said I must have took it off roading today and that since its lifted it happens all the time... The guy is an idiot if you ask me. That's no way to get a customer to believe nothing happened...
Old 12-16-2012, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I get it. I'm in the service biz and I have ZERO sympathy for snottiness.

Quick Reply: P0108 code? Stupid valet idiot